• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best source for 71 Charger R/T hood decal

Anyone have updates on top quality R/T hood decal sources?

Thanks for all the replies.
Well, hopefully I can find a top quality hood decal that has the Ramcharger hole pre cut. I don’t want to mess around trying to cut that hole
Years ago when the ramcharger hole was not pre-cut I taped a fine point pen to a piece of 7/16" keystock and used it as a gauge to trace around the trap door, I fortunately had a measurement from the rear of the decal to the outline around the trap door from an original R/T. Then measured and taped the trap door onto the decal and traced, then cut with X-acto knife.

Any updates on this? I've emailed Performance car graphics with no reply. I have the Phoenix decal but was unaware of no pre-cut hole, and would rather not attempt it if the correct decal is on the horizon.

Any updates on this? I've emailed Performance car graphics with no reply. I have the Phoenix decal but was unaware of no pre-cut hole, and would rather not attempt it if the correct decal is on the horizon.
I actually just emailed with Performance Car Graphics, and they don't expect to have the hood decal available for a few months still

I actually just emailed with Performance Car Graphics, and they don't expect to have the hood decal available for a few months still
Ok, thank you. On another note, did the original hood decal also cover the plastic air door? It's been so long i can't recall if i removed old decal from the plastic air grabber door or was it just paint?

Ok, thank you. On another note, did the original hood decal also cover the plastic air door? It's been so long i can't recall if i removed old decal from the plastic air grabber door or was it just paint?
the door is painted only

The decal did not cover the door, door was painted organisol black, and there was a slight reveal of the body color between the door and the decal. I described the method I used in a post above. I used the trap door as a template, with the distance of the decal from the back edge of the hood as a starting point. Hope this helps.

Auto Transport Service
Back