• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beware-Seller 442

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate our hobby is so commercialized anymore just like Christmas.I still give stuff away if somebody needs it worse than me
I understand price is price. Whatever the market will bear. Too high and it wont sell. Figure out your price before you list something for sale. Once you advertise it for sale raising the price for no other reason after someone says they will take it for asking price is just bad business.

I will continue looking elsewhere for these embems. If someone else knows where a set may be located i would appreciate the tip.

15FF2EE2-506D-4183-BB10-79C9DE710F8E.jpeg
Or go all Roman Maroney on him....cut off his bells, and shove them in a meat grinder...:lol:

This happens to me ALL THE FREAKIN TIME! I’ll set a deal with a seller and tell them up front that I can’t bank from my work computer and that I’ll pay when I get home from work. I get home, just to find that they sold to someone else. How Smurfed up is your life that you can’t wait four hours to get paid a small amount of money?

That happened to me a few times, with Time zones and such. Now I use the PP mobile app. Saves me tons of headache . I cant always be by the computer but I almost always have my Phone near by !
Being in Hawaii, seems like people think they can mess with u. I have had a few issues , But I say 99% of FBBO people are straight up !

Sorry, on the other end, I sold an item to 442. Against my better judgment I agreed to a 3 month payment plan. I will have to say all went perfect. 442, you need to speak to your defense. There are two or more sides to every story, please let's hear yours.

Sorry, on the other end, I sold an item to 442. Against my better judgment I agreed to a 3 month payment plan. I will have to say all went perfect. 442, you need to speak to your defense. There are two or more sides to every story, please let's hear yours.
Thats was a stand up thing to do. You didnt back out for more money.

Screenshot_20190503-174125_Chrome.jpg

Thats was a stand up thing to do. You didnt back out for more money.

View attachment 760523
I never tried to sell elsewhere and I had 2 opportunities while the deal was in progress. I told both parties I would give them an opportunity in the order that they called if the deal I had didn't happen.

I had the same thing happen to me more then once
sellers remorse has bit me 4 or 5 times now
Bought a item sent him a m.o.
And after a week I asked if he got the payment and was told it was sold to someone else and he never got my m.o.
Funny how he never asked me where the loot was.
I'm sure when he got a better offer he sold it and threw my m.o. in the trash.
Such is life
I did get a refund after a 6 month wait.
All you can do is warn others
And thank you op for the warning!

Last edited:
This the same guy that I bought the decklid from that arrived having fallen off the pallet that he had it strapped to with 1 ratchet strap. The he wanted me to pay return shipping. Finally had to get my money back thru PayPal. Be VERY cautious doing business with 442

I hate our hobby is so commercialized anymore just like Christmas.I still give stuff away if somebody needs it worse than me

Twice I’ve sent stuff to guys here without payment up front. First was a trade. Got a thank you, but no item. Postage cost me over $20.00, plus the value of the parts.
Second I gave a guy free stuff. Postage was about $20.00. Not even a thank you, nothing.

I’ll still give stuff away rather then dicker over small amounts of money, but Jesus, people. At least have the courtesy to say thank you.
That being said, I’ve had awesome people send me stuff. I said thank you, and I’ll say it here: thank you for making this hobby about more then money all the freakin time. There are still WAY more good people then bad. Of all of the various websites that I belong to this is far and away the best, most encouraging, most helpful.

The ones I don't care too much about are the wishy washy people who don't really know exactly what they want to do and end up with 3 million emails between us. I can understand questions being asked but man.....when it goes on an on I'm like wanting to pull out my hair! It's can get pretty crazy when it involves enough parts to build a complete engine and the are choices to choose from.

Just had something like this locally on a ww2 knife ! I told the guy I'd buy it and when he was available to meet he said he needed 2 days he was busy I told him fine . We set up a meet time the day we are to meet I make sure all was good still he said sorry it sold !
A week later he relisted it for $100 more after another month price was back to what I said I'd pay I get a call if I wanted to buy the knife ! Told him to shove it up his ***!

Agreed. Nobody got ripped off and not accusing anyone of that. This is the caliber of people found on craigslist and i expect that when answering car parts ads. I think Fbbo members deserve better than craigslist.

Some are here for the money. Some are here for the hobby.

This is just a hobby to me and want to warn others that see these old cars as just a hobby.
I always check when I want to buy. New members who have nothing but WTB and For Sale send up red flags for me. I call them Join To Sell members. Just here to flip and profit off the mopar madness.

Just had something like this locally on a ww2 knife ! I told the guy I'd buy it and when he was available to meet he said he needed 2 days he was busy I told him fine . We set up a meet time the day we are to meet I make sure all was good still he said sorry it sold !
A week later he relisted it for $100 more after another month price was back to what I said I'd pay I get a call if I wanted to buy the knife ! Told him to shove it up his ***!

I hope I’m not hijacking the post, but here ya go...
One of my sidelines is antique, tube radios. In some areas of this I am loosely considered an “expert”. Their words, not mine.
One day I get an email from an acquaintance that he has a radio from a British WWII bomber. What is it worth? Now these are not rare, nor terribly desirable. As our generation dies off there is less interest and value in them. I’ve bought and sold, literally, tons of them. I generally pay around $100. He claims new condition, so I estimate $400. He sends a SCATHING email that some British “expert “ claims that it’s worth $2,000.00!!! I stand by my offer, and point out that he should offer it to the Brit for $1000.00, that way everyone makes fair money. I’m also aware that so called experts seldom back up knowledge with cash. I hear nothing for a few weeks, then he asks if I’d be interested in it for $400.00. I offer $75.00 and haven’t heard back...

I hope I’m not hijacking the post, but here ya go...
One of my sidelines is antique, tube radios. In some areas of this I am loosely considered an “expert”. Their words, not mine.
One day I get an email from an acquaintance that he has a radio from a British WWII bomber. What is it worth? Now these are not rare, nor terribly desirable. As our generation dies off there is less interest and value in them. I’ve bought and sold, literally, tons of them. I generally pay around $100. He claims new condition, so I estimate $400. He sends a SCATHING email that some British “expert “ claims that it’s worth $2,000.00!!! I stand by my offer, and point out that he should offer it to the Brit for $1000.00, that way everyone makes fair money. I’m also aware that so called experts seldom back up knowledge with cash. I hear nothing for a few weeks, then he asks if I’d be interested in it for $400.00. I offer $75.00 and haven’t heard back...
What do you know about RCA J39 radios?

The thing I like about this site is a mandory price listing.
In newspapers and old car magazines I see several items For Sale w/o a price listing. Its annoying and makes no sense.

The thing I like about this site is a mandory price listing.
In newspapers and old car magazines I see several items For Sale w/o a price listing. Its annoying and makes no sense.
almost as annoying as reg members who dont know what parts fit their own cars,
and ask the seller to research it For Them,
and then after the shipping/deal is figured And paid for thru paypal
ask to Change the shipping method and Not pay the extras incurred.

the finale of these Annoying people,is the fact that i left them feedback,
right after they paid...lucky me..smart me..right?
and they left none,because after all,they got what they wanted,
and could care less about doing the Right thing.
isnt that an Annoying thing to have happen......looking at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back