• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big Block Roller Rockers

I’d use a set of new speed masters over used Crane or Comp rockers.

Jmo

But if you’re willing to spend the $$$$ my Comp Ultra Pro Magnum rockers hold up GREAT on a 900+hp blown big block/4speed pro street car.

039B5838-2DE2-4387-9440-548B5DA3811E.jpeg

Small cam, Crower HDP271 or HDP282. I plan on a set of Stealth heads and wanted to go to new rockers at that time. The ones on my 906s have 100k miles. I saw these and they are not much more than replacement stamped steel. I'm not racing, just want something to hold up good in daily street use and if I can get rollers all the better.

Small cam, Crower HDP271 or HDP282. I plan on a set of Stealth heads and wanted to go to new rockers at that time. The ones on my 906s have 100k miles. I saw these and they are not much more than replacement stamped steel. I'm not racing, just want something to hold up good in daily street use and if I can get rollers all the better.
Why not go with a bigger cam since you have aluminum heads?

Side note, If you can find a set of old ductile iron crane or isky rockers they sound perfect do what you want

I saw a set of Crane ductile iron rockers at a swap meet last year and I've been kicking myself since I passed on them. I spent my money on B Body belt line trim that fits a Plymouth. You can find it for a Charger but it's hard to find for a Plymouth and that's what I spent my money on. If he is there this year and still has them I'll not make that mistake again. LOL, they were still in the box.

I don't have the heads yet, still running 906s. As to the cam, I want to run the car on the highway. I have a 518A to build to get overdrive to go with the 3.73 I have for the rear. If it runs like the Roadrunner I had growing up I'll be happy. I looked all over for that car and I only live about 15 miles from Ted and I figure it's out there in pieces.

Last edited:
I saw a set of Crane ductile iron rockers at a swap meet last year and I've been kicking myself since I passed on them. I spent my money on B Body belt line trim that fits a Plymouth. You can find it for a Charger but it's hard to find for a Plymouth and that's what I spent my money on. If he is there this year and still has them I'll not make that mistake again. LOL, they were still in the box.

tell me about it…

Still kicking myself for not buying a bunch of S/S hemi stuff that a guy was selling very cheap last year

A few years ago I happened upon a '70 Torino GT, silver, blue strobe stripe, rear window louvers, 351 Windsor, hide away lights, AOD, power windows and tilt wheel and A/C, PS, PB. Nice car to drive. Perfect for things like Power Tour. In Knoxville, about 6 hours from me. $7500 and I thought about it too long and let it get gone. Still kicking myself. Would have been the perfect car to put a Holley Sniper injection on and just drive. I'm not really a Ford guy but sometimes a car is just worth it. That said I do also have a Mustang SVO. It's a project also, just a cool little car.

We put a set on a 438 stroker in a Barracuda. Lasted for maybe 3000 miles. One of the rollers broke off. Engine has an Edelbrock top end kit on it. Spent the money on Harland sharps and have not regretted it.

Thanks drhill, that is what I was wanting to know. I figures someone here had tried them before and would know.

Yep, Run Forrest! LOL.

Auto Transport Service
Back