• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Biggest Rim/Tire Combo

With a 15x8 wheel and 5 inch backspacing a 275/60/15 tire will fit. You might have to roll the inner lip.

I was looking at a Belvedere II a while back and thinking to myself that "those tubs are HUGE". But being a " body, the measurements should be the same as any other B body of that vintage. Also, the II isn't a very popular model so I wouldn't be taking people's "guesses" as gospel, pull a wheel off and get out your tape measure !!

66/67 have the least tire clearance of any b-body. As said above, the right backspace (offset, for the young and ignorant) is critical.
Assuming you have tires and wheels that fit now, do some measurements and calculations of your own, to find what backspace you need.
Me? I'd probably settle for a 255, and what ever aspect ratio fits the opening. ( i have 255/70s on my 62, might be too tall for your car).

I have 275/60's with 15x8/4.5" backspace on the rear of 65 coronet. With stock-ish ride height that's as big as I want. 65 coronets don't have much wheel well.

Auto Transport Service
Back