• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

black thumb buttons

My Satty is a Dec. '67 build, black buttons for what that's worth

Keeping black under your thumb, They are definitely racist!
Probably part of the "White Hat Special"

Just trying to help
:poke:

Keeping black under your thumb, They are definitely racist!
Probably part of the "White Hat Special"

Just trying to help
:poke:
rayciss.gif

Original handles on all of my 67s have chrome buttons. Seems like they changed to black in 68 and back to chrome mid-69.

My GTX is a June 68 build and it has the black buttons

which speedo do you have?

no, not the guido kind of speedo, the one in the dash :poke:

I have the 0-150.........not sure when the 0-15 came into play

oct 67 build

Thanks - I'm going to have nightmares tonight because of that... :poke:

1676764469154.jpeg

@69Coronetrt

Any thoughts as to our quandary?

This is what I'm lead to believe and my own research.

6PKRTSE -I believe early 69 and older were black buttons. Late 69 thru 70 were chrome. All of my 70 cars are chrome.

From what I've seen, early to mid 69 were black and somewhere in the year there is a change over to Chrome. If it's like other things, the actual switch will vary by plant. My Nov 68 St. Louis car came with black.

My 66 Satellite and 67 GTX have chromed buttons. I’ve replaced both with new ones but replaced them with the same thing as the worn originals. I wonder if the chrome buttons were part of the up-scale models?

The bare bones '67 Valiant my dad bought new had chrome. Did Chrysler implement the black buttons as a cost cutting measure, and then switch back?

Auto Transport Service
Back