• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BME blocks

IMHO the Max Wedge size port is REQUIRED for a 500"+ motor that is intended for big power.
At 541 cu in, there are other, larger heads available, but yes, Max Wedge ports are a logical choice. TF 240s could be used, that would move the torque peak lower, and limit power output, and I was going to use 240s with a factory block, but it seems like the block demands the Max Wedge heads, but that is as far as I want to go so I can use a 3x2 setup.

Wow I'm with Doug on this one with all the high tech being used why would you need to machine the block unless you wanted special. That's alot of money for a block when you can find motorhome blocks industrial blocks with very little mileage on them. Not to mention the oil passage and coolant passages being bigger. Yes it's and iron block and yes the machine work is going to cost a few bucks but really 5-8 k for a block. Good for all of you that can go down this path but for this low buck builder I'm putting my extra money into the suspension to get it right that will produce good time slips. Yes more cubes are better but as far as I know which isn't much 572 is a damn big engine. Mine will be smaller than that but my thought is if you can run aluminum it better be for the track. Show and shine cars will get the wow factor but that's a expensive WOW. But enjoy to each their own and may your dreams come true.

I asked him a year ago and then the answer was 120 days. I’d be skeptical at best still myself

I just got this email from my licensed reseller:
"Just got call, the first 10, 440 blocks have passed all quality controls and were released.
There will be 20 per month produced to ship larger quantities of blocks out to those waiting on the list.
You should be hearing about a finished block in 45-60 days from your position on the list."

I confirmed that when the blocks are shipped out, they are ready for whatever final work is required according to the individual's build specs. In other words, no mistakes having to be "fixed" so no extra costs or work. For that kind of money and product, THAT is how they all should be!
If all goes well, I should have my aluminum wedge block by June. 4.49 bore, up to a 4.50 stroke w/no clearancing required. I'm inclined to go w/4.25 stroke.

So with a lot of changes in ownerships and production plants. I wonder if the Indy quality control has improved. It looks like the new owner is stepping it from pics I see. Then Mopar is reissuing the aftermarket blocks. Anyone have feed back or experience yet with these changes

So with a lot of changes in ownerships and production plants. I wonder if the Indy quality control has improved. It looks like the new owner is stepping it from pics I see. Then Mopar is reissuing the aftermarket blocks. Anyone have feed back or experience yet with these changes
:popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2:

I bought a Indy dual plane intake a couple of months ago and had Hugh's take it to max wedge. In talking to the guy from Hugh's he said they use to have horrible core shift problems but the one they got from Indy for me looked real good. I had my engine builder check it out after Hugh's was done with it and he thought everything looked good. When i first told him i wanted to use an Indy intake he kinda rolled his eyes and said he had seen some of their stuff and the core shift was so bad that it need epoxy to take to max wedge size, he was not a fan back then but did say that it looked like there stuff was getting better.

Auto Transport Service
Back