• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW driver with stuck gas pedal......

94 Dodge Spirit, throttle body would stick. Brakes helped but would not stop the car under power. Yes one could put it in neutral and watch the rpms go out of sight. Shut it off and bring it to a stop. But them I do not drive new vechicals. Can the engine be shut down without the trans in park?

The guy was just trying out his new "driverless " car

94 Dodge Spirit, throttle body would stick. Brakes helped but would not stop the car under power. Yes one could put it in neutral and watch the rpms go out of sight. Shut it off and bring it to a stop. But them I do not drive new vechicals. Can the engine be shut down without the trans in park?

Good question, on these new keyless systems, do they? Hopefully they do! With some of these new cars, they advertise automatic braking. Get too close to something, it applies the brakes!

There use to be reports of people running into stores, ect., getting their peddles mixed up, thought they had it in reverse and so on.

I remember Ford having a gear selector problem back in the seventies. They had a lot of accidents and recalled them. Then the problem with turning off the column ignitions would lock the steering wheel if you turn it too far.

Heck I drove a Ford pickup back and forth to work with no brakes for a whole week. It had a blown mastercylinder and I couldn't afford a new one until I got paid on Friday. Downshifted and used the e-brake. Lol

I even drove vehicles with the clutch peddle unhooked. Shut the key off when pulling up to a stop, then start it in gear to take off. Feather the gas to shift gears. I don't understand what the big problem is?

Build a toggle switch with a blown fuse( blow it yourself on the workbench) loop it to the fuel pump in the fuse panel. The kill switch that cant be hacked.

The keyless ignition on BMWs has a start/stop push button on the dash. It is as simple as it sounds.

Auto Transport Service
Back