• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bolts Missing - Need Help

slepr1

Local time
8:00 PM
Reaction score
We are installing the rebuilt 727 transmission and 440 engine but can't find the bolts that attach the transmission to the engine. I believe there are 6 of them. I have the starter bolts.
Does anyone know the size, length, thread, ect of the bolts? I'll go to a local nut and bolt shop to buy some new ones. Thanks.

4 thru trans to thread into block are 3/8X16, but the 2 for thru block to thread into trans are 7/16X14. Sorry don't know the length but you have the eng/trans there so do a measurement on length. Factory used flat washers, no split locks. Good luck, take it easy!

Intake manifold bolts work too.

1" is too short. They are around 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 long if memory is right. They can be had at the dealer for 3.9/5.2/5.9 magnum's or you can snatch them at the wrecking yard. Factory ones have the captive washers.

The transmission attaches to the block with 3/8"-16 X 1 1/4" bolts at the top and 7/16"-14 X 1 3/4" at the bottom...regular grade 5 bolts will do.

Auto Transport Service
Back