• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Borgeson for the Black Sabbath. (68 Charger)

The more you drive it, the more you like it :thumbsup:
Yep, its getting cold in the garage so its time to scale down a bit.

But in a couple of months I will be back with shim-tests, new wheel alignment and more driving.

So, how did the schumacher torque strap work?

That one was also a success. It keeps the engine still and prevents the headers to hammer at the torsion bars at walking speed.
No more rattling sound hanging around in slow cruises. :thumbsup:

IMG_20231117_211714.jpg

I raised the front of the car again, started the engine. Now I had pressure!
Bleeding the system 10 times right/left slowly then 10 times really fast....checking the oil my heart sank a bit when I saw all the bubbles...remembering that post about red-line oil foaming....
....though I had gone quite aggressive on bleeding the system, so this could just be all the bubbles leaving the oil?

View attachment 1558514

Yep, after some hard driving (As hard as I could on now icy roads) checking the oil again and it was smooth and clear.

View attachment 1558516

And yes! This is the result I was after...and really happy to achieve it after all this work:

- No center slop, smooth steering. fast turning, full assist at idling in gear at 650 RPM and I regained full trust in controlling the car again, no wandering.
The box is dead quiet, it whines when reaching the stops but that is as it should be.
Together with my wheel alignment I can let go of the wheel in a hard turn and the steering wheel returns lightning fast back to center.
FUN! :thumbsup:

View attachment 1558515

The result is awesome.
Im planning to tweak it a bit further as the steering is now between a FFst3 and original, so a bit on the light side.
But this is where the shims come in, correct? Adding some shims would make the steering a bit heavier.

For some reason this comment reminds me of YouTube geniuses who need to let everyone know these cars don't brake, handle, or steer well. Like anyone who cares about performance is going to be using 50+ year old factory components.

For some reason this comment reminds me of YouTube geniuses who need to let everyone know these cars don't brake, handle, or steer well. Like anyone who cares about performance is going to be using 50+ year old factory components.
Yes, like I have said before, my car has the full package, power disc brake, sub frames, hotchkis everything, ias shocks, hd leafs, bigger torsions, etc etc and etc.

...and it is the most fun car to drive of all cars I have had the chance to try. Its like driving a solid piece of iron that hugs the road like a go-cart.

I'd like to drive a well-built B-body back-to-back with a Ferrari 456 or Scaglietti. I've been watching old NASCAR and after seeing the cars in the 190's or higher (highest I've seen so far is 212 mph) I'm questioning the performance credentials of Ferrari and Lamborghini. I'm thinking a built B body is at least a match for the 456 or Scag. The 68-70 Charger will certainly win in the looks department.

I'd like to drive a well-built B-body back-to-back with a Ferrari 456 or Scaglietti. I've been watching old NASCAR and after seeing the cars in the 190's or higher (highest I've seen so far is 212 mph) I'm questioning the performance credentials of Ferrari and Lamborghini. I'm thinking a built B body is at least a match for the 456 or Scag. The 68-70 Charger will certainly win in the looks department.
Back in the early 90's, I met a gent who worked for King Richard. He was telling me stories of how the did alignments of the cars and what they did to get the bump steer ironed out. If it was needed, out came the hot wrench to heat up the lower balljoint/Pittman arm/idler arm to get what was needed. Over 180mph and lived to win. Don't think the Fiat's could take that kind of fix and live.

Back in the early 90's, I met a gent who worked for King Richard. He was telling me stories of how the did alignments of the cars and what they did to get the bump steer ironed out. If it was needed, out came the hot wrench to heat up the lower balljoint/Pittman arm/idler arm to get what was needed. Over 180mph and lived to win. Don't think the Fiat's could take that kind of fix and live.

Speaking of the King -

11_signed_glove_box.JPG

I was told today that the late sixties NASCAR racers were getting up to 230 mph, before open windows and nets. Veyron territory, back in the sixties, and yet somehow we ended up going ga-ga over European super cars that could only do 186 when they worked. And those came 10 or 20 years later. Annnd look at the quarter mile times @ 5:08 - 13.8 seconds?

I'm sure a few of you here have gone faster than that . . .

And at a cars and coffee gathering, which cars gather crowds? Same in parking lots, driving down the road etc. Mopar muscle is where its at!

Auto Transport Service
Back