• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought a 62 Dodge Dart 440 Station Wagon

Welcome from NH sea coast. Very nice wagon. Great color too.

Nice car.
Welcome to FBBO from Ontario; the one in Canada. That is a sweet looking '62 Dodge wagon you have. I think the engine is either 361 or 383. The engine numbers can be found in the passenger side front/side of the block. 36 = 361 38 = 383. The valve covers should be swapped side for side.
Good eye Dave

That's a beautiful car.....not gonna tell you what to do, since we just met and all......:bs_flag:
but if I were you....I'd be very careful to leave that beauty in its pristine state, and consider all moves towards customization, very carefully.

Welcome Michael!

Like Dave6t4 said look under the distributor for a flat pad on the block. (Red arrow) Look for a 36 or 38
29CD34DB-D185-46AD-A2E1-6898CADC7B74.jpeg

12131_0_383_id.jpg

Here's some info on '62s from my build thread. My Polara 500 was from California also and spent its life in Oregon. Rust free also.

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/taking-up-new-residence.114133/

Last edited:
Welcome from Illinois!! That car has seen a lot of love to be in such great condition today! What a sweet ride!! Other than needed maintenance & cosmetics, I wouldn't change a thing . . .

Welcome from up North. British Columbia....Eh
really like the wagons:thumbsup:

Welcome Michael!

Like Dave6t4 said look under the distributor for a flat pad on the block. (Red arrow) Look for a 36 or 38
View attachment 1285867
View attachment 1285870

Here's some info on '62s from my build thread. My Polara 500 was from California also and spent its life in Oregon. Rust free also.

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/taking-up-new-residence.114133/
Thank you both. So I need to pull the distributor to see the number. Will do and I’ll report back once it’s done.

7BF8B867-922D-44BE-9B58-D0306F16501B.jpeg

That's a beautiful car.....not gonna tell you what to do, since we just met and all......:bs_flag:
but if I were you....I'd be very careful to leave that beauty in its pristine state, and consider all moves towards customization, very carefully.
Yes, I have received a whole lot of strong advise on that point. That said, I am going to change the color of my headliner. The liner is shot. It’s the only really bad thing in my interior. Going with light green.

Amazed by the condition of your wagon assuming it hadn’t been restored at some point. Would think it was spared Detroit winters and stored in a nice environment. When I bought my ’63 Fury (CA car) it was in similar condition; but the interior was sun-wrecked (vert) one of the reasons I couldn’t pass it up as the first guy to get a look at it.

It’s actually a beige/tan color interior. I’d call it cocazoid. It’s described as cocoa.
Amazed by the condition of your wagon assuming it hadn’t been restored at some point. Would think it was spared Detroit winters and stored in a nice environment. When I bought my ’63 Fury (CA car) it was in similar condition; but the interior was sun-wrecked (vert) one of the reasons I couldn’t pass it up as the first guy to get a look at it.

Auto Transport Service
Back