• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bracket colors

1969 beep beep

Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
What is the correct color for the power steering, alternator and ac brackets on a 69 Roadrunner?

Depends. Depends on if you're doing an "OE" correct or not. If not, it's your car, Satin or semi-gloss black would be sufficient. I personally, had ALL of mine powder coated and don't care what the purist thinks mainly because so many things that isn't "as factory" to my car. Just my 2 cents

they were dipped in a low percentage semi gloss....around 30% IIRC

I know the kind of car you are building so go with a semi gloss. Powder coat is the ideal coating but an OE judge will ding you....

btw i am still searching for my front windshield clip picture the rear is easy since the glass is not in yet....

Yes I am doing an OE correct finish.

I'd get a hold of member Moparnation. He is doing/did a OE correct to his '69 and or look at his thread "For the love of my father" in the member restoration section. A WEALTH of good info in his thread!

Dang Justin, you beat me to the punch...:lol::lol::lol: as I was writing my response

It is...LMAO

Everything Moparnation74 post about the Gtx is perfect in every way.

Thanks everyone for your help I will powder coat them tomorrow semi gloss.

Justin if you can take some measurements of the rear clip positions on the bottom panel that will be great.

Auto Transport Service
Back