• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake booster china crap!

__Larsson____

Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
So i bought a new brake booster for my 70 Charger from summit, Summit Racing SUM-760171 Summit Racing™ Power Brake Boosters | Summit Racing The mounting studs dosent fit and the the hole for the pushrod is also to small.... Is this just what it is to buy a " direct replacement" part like this?

booster.jpg

So i bought a new brake booster for my 70 Charger from summit, Summit Racing SUM-760171 Summit Racing™ Power Brake Boosters | Summit Racing The mounting studs dosent fit and the the hole for the pushrod is also to small.... Is this just what it is to buy a " direct replacement" part like this?

View attachment 1484455
A replica "replacement" for a BENDIX TANDEM DIAPHRAGM UNIT. ......how sad....did you try "Booster Dewey" at

CONTACT US​

17820 Hwy 99 #C
Lynnwood, WA 98037
(503) 238-8882
Name

Email

Phone

Address

Subject
Just a thought....
BOB RENTON

There seems to be a few manufacturers for these boosters and the “differences” are all over the place. Some require modification of the center hole of the firewall stiffening plate, some have larger studs etc. they sell the larger plates online (I actually have one for sale here if you need)
I purchased mine from Cass at Dr. Diff. His requires no modification at all.

I bought mine from Pirate Jack back in 2015. I believe they are all made in China or somewhere over that way. Hard to find anything not made over there these days. Mine fit okay and has been doing it's job since then. The only thing I remember is the rubber boot on the push rod is larger than the original and I needed to enlarge the hole in the firewall some.
My problem started with the upgrade to front discs. I had the drum booster that wouldn't provide enough boost. If I would have had a factory dual diaphragm booster, I would have much rather had it rebuilt than buy an aftermarket one but that was my only choice at the time.

I bought mine from Pirate Jack back in 2015. I believe they are all made in China or somewhere over that way. Hard to find anything not made over there these days. Mine fit okay and has been doing it's job since then. The only thing I remember is the rubber boot on the push rod is larger than the original and I needed to enlarge the hole in the firewall some.
My problem started with the upgrade to front discs. I had the drum booster that wouldn't provide enough boost. If I would have had a factory dual diaphragm booster, I would have much rather had it rebuilt than buy an aftermarket one but that was my only choice at the time.
I do have the dual but i am going to use the new one and rebuild the OE later on.

Auto Transport Service
Back