• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Booster Exchange? Disc Conversion

VFilms

Local time
10:59 AM
Reaction score
There's so much info here about converting to front disc it gets a little confusing. I see that some companies supply complete packages, including boosters. Attached is an old pic of my booster. As a cost savings measure, I'm wondering if I can use my booster with a new MC, lines and disc brake components. If so, will I need to replace the MC push rod to a longer/shorter one? Or should I just dig deeper and purchase a compete package? AND, I'd appreciate the name of a reputable supplier. (A lot of questions, huh?)
Thanks

IMG_2959.JPG

The single diaphragm booster in your pic will not provide enough boost for front disc brakes. I made that mistake years ago myself. Don't go there! There are a few vendors like you mentioned that can provide you a complete set-up. I would contact someone like Ram Man or Cass at Dr. Diff. Explain your situation and they can get you what you need. The booster they provide will have the correct push rod already attached. You will need to replace the distribution block mounted on your frame rail with a proportioning valve that should be provided in the kit you get along with the lines between the M/C and proportioning valve.

The single diaphragm booster in your pic will not provide enough boost for front disc brakes. I made that mistake years ago myself. Don't go there! There are a few vendors like you mentioned that can provide you a complete set-up. I would contact someone like Ram Man or Cass at Dr. Diff. Explain your situation and they can get you what you need. The booster they provide will have the correct push rod already attached. You will need to replace the distribution block mounted on your frame rail with a proportioning valve that should be provided in the kit you get along with the lines between the M/C and proportioning valve.
Thanks. Just the info I was looking for!

I bought the kit from Dr. Diff. Thanks for the suggestion

Auto Transport Service
Back