• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Booster thought

chrisd

Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
I've been reading about the different types of brakes and boosters to get and I'm honestly not that close yet, but I was changing a hose on my Minivan the other day and the set up there is unique to say the least. It's a small set up, both booster and master cylinder, and I know the van probably doesn't weigh the same as my '67 Charger(I'm going to check that), but is it possible this could be made to work? The van is a Town and Country. Has anyone ever heard of this? I'd much rather have a plug and play set up, but the weight difference in that versus a aftermarket replacement for the Charger has to be something.

Anything is possible...Not saying your case will be, but look at all the wild and crazy stuff the hot rod guys pull off...

I added power disk brakes to my 66 belvedere. I used all factory parts and it stops fantastic. Like said in the post above anything can be made to work but it can complicate your life trying to get it to work. I would find the correct dual bendix brake booster and brake pedal likage. Remember this same brake booster was used on c-bodies.

Last edited:
Yes, I could put factory disk on it, but if I'm going the whole restomod set up, I'd like a little more to it. If for nothing else, just for looks. The problem with aftermarket stuff is the price. They've got it and they know we want it.

Auto Transport Service
Back