• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake booster

Carlisle Trippy

Local time
10:11 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1972 dodge charger that has front disc rear drum. The booster it came with is the pancake version which i believe to be a bendex. The booster also has the strap that encloses it. So the problem I'm having is finding one that fits the firewall mounting holes. The regular outlets are out of stock and gave no idea of when they will return. The send yours for repair is a joke because they wont even know when i will get it back. I would just want a new one that fits properly without oblonging firewall holes or rebuild kit if there is such a thing. Thankyou mopar people as usual.

A pic of the original and any numbers on it would help. I just bought two off of another member and could part with one
if it's good. measurements of the bolt pattern?

Screenshot_20220912-085911_Chrome.jpg
try these guys I sent mine there$180 total 7 day turnaround

Hi, Advanced auto parts has a replacement boost. It is not a Midland Ross brake boost but it will work very well, I have used these exact units on two of my cars and they perform very well. It does not have the band clamp that the original boost yours has on it but it is still a compatible brake boost for your charger. Advanced auto parts, part number 54–73705, $148. More than likely they will have to order it from their warehouse. Hope this helps, good luck

Azmoparboy

I’m so sorry, I just check for availability to order one and the website now says unavailable and out of stock. I wish I had better news for you. I will keep looking to see if I can find one out there.

Just in the last few minutes I found one on eBay. It looks as though this brake boosters are very hard to find. And if they have one they are jacking up the price. This person wants almost $500 for the one he has and it does have the Chrysler mark on it. Now it, just how bad do you want it. I do wish I had better news for you, I thought I could help☹️☹️☹️☹️

Azmoparboy

Last edited:
A pic of the original and any numbers on it would help. I just bought two off of another member and could part with one
if it's good. measurements of the bolt pattern?
Thank you
I’m so sorry, I just check for availability to order one and the website now says unavailable and out of stock. I wish I had better news for you. I will keep looking to see if I can find one out there.

Just in the last few minutes I found one on eBay. It looks as though this brake boosters are very hard to find. And if they have one they are jacking up the price. This person wants almost $500 for the one he has and it does have the Chrysler mark on it. Now it, just how bad do you want it. I do wish I had better news for you, I thought I could help☹️☹️☹️☹️

Azmoparboy
thanks anyhow

I have a 1972 dodge charger that has front disc rear drum. The booster it came with is the pancake version which i believe to be a bendex. The booster also has the strap that encloses it. So the problem I'm having is finding one that fits the firewall mounting holes. The regular outlets are out of stock and gave no idea of when they will return. The send yours for repair is a joke because they wont even know when i will get it back. I would just want a new one that fits properly without oblonging firewall holes or rebuild kit if there is such a thing. Thankyou mopar people as usual.
IMO.....For a front disc/rear drum combination in 1972, I believe the booster was a MIDLAND-ROSS unit, equipped with a circumferential clamp band holding the halves together. A drum/drum brake combination was USUALLY a BENDIX SINGLE DIAPHRAGM unit. Hemi and 440 six barrel cars equipped with disc/drum combination used a BENDIX TANDEM DIAPHRAGM BOOSTER, because of lower manifold vacuum generated. Sometimes, there was a firewall reinforcement plate for added stiffness, usually with the tandem diaphragm unit. Have you tried "Booster Dewey" or Booster Steve for repairs or authentication?
Try: www.powerbrakebooster.com. They have moved to Washington State.....info is on their website.
BOB RENTON

I just had the booster for my 64 Fury rebuilt by Prior rebuilders in Mesquite TX
They did a nice rebuild and back in 3 weeks.

Auto Transport Service
Back