• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Lines - Type??

Joel Talka

Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

While I have the 66 all apart I will be upgrading the brakes. Someone converted the car to front non-power discs. Stopping power was close to zero!! Other than everything having been sprayed with undercoating, these parts appear fairly new. I picked up a new booster/master cylinder set up which I want to tackle after the front suspension is done. I'm looking for brake line sets and Layson's seems to carry them. They talk about disc versus drum and list different "types"; 1 and 2. How can I tell which one of these "types" I need? Also are there any other suppliers for this that I should look at? Yearone, Classic Industries and Parts Geek don't seem to carry brake lines...

Thanks,

Joel

Right Stuff is another option. Many prefer to use plain steel, as compared to stainless, as they seem to seal easier...

As I usually recommend, make your own. I would use the copper/nickel alloy material as it won't rust and bends easily.
Mike

As I usually recommend, make your own. I would use the copper/nickel alloy material as it won't rust and bends easily.
Mike
X2, go buy some and try some bends,pretty easy stuff to work!

Are you talking about the hoses?

Auto Transport Service
Back