• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake lines

Encswsm

Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
I’m thinking about replacing my brake lines when I do my disk brake conversion. Who does the best pre bent brake line kits?

I’m thinking about replacing my brake lines when I do my disk brake conversion. Who does the best pre bent brake line kits?
Why not build your own? The necessary tools will probably cost no more than pre bent lines and you will own them when done.
Mike

I thing im going to buy the tools and do it myself. I flared fittings when I was in the navy about 40 years ago but its like riding a bike right? LOL

In-Line Tube was my choice for my 67 Charger. Very resonable cost conisdering the time it takes to cut and bend, just my opinion of course.

I thing im going to buy the tools and do it myself. I flared fittings when I was in the navy about 40 years ago but its like riding a bike right? LOL
I bent my own brakes on a 69 Charger, I bought the Eastwood pro brake tubing flaring tool.

Don’t forget that I don’t always make a perfect flare, but when I do, I forget the flare nut.

Back in the old days, in my former career as a Steamfitter, equipment was controlled by air pressure so, I fabricated and installed thousands of feet of tubing of different materials. Today everything is electronic controlled and wired in conduit. Conduit is still bent tubing but, not nearly as tight and compact as air tubing. When will we have electric brakes on our cars?
Anyhow, it is enjoyable to construct items with your own hands and I still like the challenge.
Mike
IMG_2511.JPG
IMG_1611.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back