• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Power Booster - 1965

tirefryin-Bob

Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've been on B-body only. Life seems to pass you by faster then a '70 NASCAR Superbird lol.
Anyways, I'm pretty sure my power brake booster is shot on my '65 Satellite (has no power assist). I have been looking online for a replacement but it looks like due to there age they are no longer available. I did find a couple of shops that do re-manufacture or rebuilding on the one you have but it seems they are in MI, PA, etc'.

Being in So. California would anybody know of a reputable shop or company I could drive mine to than ship it across country?

Thanks for any input!!
Bob

'65 Booster.jpg

That's called a Midland-Ross. Single diaphragm. See if RockAuto sells a rebuild kit for it.

Just send your original booster to a shop up in Washington state I think that is where there located, named booster Dewey. I believe he has retired now, but he has a couple guys there, and they are good. IMO,
one and done!

Boosterdewey is next door to you. They did mine for the charger. Quick turn around. Good people to deal with.

Thanks guys for the replies. It looks like Booster Dewey in now in Lynnwood, WA. found there new website. - www.powerbrakebooster.com. Looks like he doesn't have an exchange or rebuild kit for mine, I'd have to ship them mine to rebuild w/5 - 6 week turn around. "ouch".
Dave6T4, I did check RockAuto but they're is "out of stock". Thanks for pointing out which type I have!
BeepBeepRR, The ClassicIndustries you shared got me pointed in the right direction. It looks like this rebuild kits fits my application - https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1965-1974/plymouth/satellite/parts/mp500813.html. I never rebuilt a power booster but I'm guessing it wouldn't be too difficult. Has anyone rebuilt there's???

I try to do most my stuff but not going to do a booster. I have seen were the blew apart because they did not do them right. Not worth the risk for me. Good luck.

My 1964 Dodge service manual shows how this power booster can be disassembled and repaired. It looks pretty straight forward. I think that many larger centres have businesses that can rebuild a booster. I had my more complicated Bendix booster rebuilt in nearby London,Ontario, and it works fine. Maybe ask at repair garages or parts jobbers where they could get this service done.

Hey guys, Thanks for all the advice!!
I looked in my 1965 Plymouth service manual as well and I agree with davek. Probably be best if I have the pro rebuild it. I called Chris @ Motech Performance (Murrieta, CA) and he referred me to ABS brakes in Orange, CA.
ABS said they can rebuild both the original Brake Booster and Master Cylinder. ABS says they have about a 2 - 3 week turnaround!
Here's their website if anyone else would need a booster rebuild.
ABS Power Brake, Inc.

I'll post pics after the rebuild..

Auto Transport Service
Back