• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Problem ,need help

mrkinger

Local time
4:42 PM
Reaction score
Hope everyone is well.I installed a new dual master cyilinder on my Plymouth.It Has power assist brakes .For the life of me i cant get any pedal.I bled them 5-6 times with no results .anyone else ever have this problem.I have fluid comming out the bleaders .Can use some advice

Join the club. I'm going to buy a power bleeder to see if it does the trick.

Did you change anything else besides the MC? Before the change was everything working properly?

Did you bench bleed the MC before install? If not you may have air trapped in the MC.

Did you connect the proper brake lines to the proper ports? They have different volumes they push.

No i didnt bench bleed it ,I was thinking about that also,can that make that big of a difference.I ran the front bowl to the back line and the back line to the front.I wonder if Joe Mopar bench bleaded his MC,Seems he has the same problem.Also ,everything worked properly before i changed the m/c

What size bore is the old, and whats the new?

In my case when I bought the car it did not have any lines on the car but the new M/C was installed. So I ran all new lines, connected the lines to the new proportion valve and the M/C. Bled all the wheels, several times and bled the master cylinder also a couple of times. I have no leaks. There is still some air coming from the M/C so I think I will buy a power bleeder, something similar to this.

http://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-6830-...WC/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1303766412&sr=8-10

I know Zack has also had problems with his brakes.

I get very soft , low pedal and then it slowly goes to the floor.

Wow thats alot of money Joe for me just to do one job,I have no pedal at all.

Im not really sure what the bore sizes are , ,I have drum brakes so i didnt install a proportioning valve ,just used the block that was installed from the factory.I blocked off the rear hole ,and ran the line directly from the m.c to the rear line

Last edited:
Power brakes with a big bore (1 1/8) will give ya a touchy low pedal, ask me how I found this out. Also did you move the brake pedal rod from it's factory location, I did, and the combination of the 2 will throw you thru the windshield if you look at it wrong. I'm by no means a brake mechanic of any kind, just found this stuff out by looking on the net and connecting the dots.

Problem fixed,i also posted on teck questions and i followed some good advice,i undid my brake lines from the m/c and ran two small lines out.then i attached two clear line on the ends.droped them into the m/c so they couldnt suck air .i had a friend pump the brake pedal while i held the clear hoses below the fluid level , all the air came out ,Then i went back and bled all the cylinders ,now i have lots of pedal,thanks for the help
Paul

There are pressure bleeders on ebay all the time, I got one thinking why not. I've used it enough times that it was worth it. I know of at least three more times I'll need it.

I got one like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moti...t=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item5adf6d02a7

But I can't remember how much I paid for it. The one I got has a couple of different covers, so it will work with either my stock MC or the one I'll be switching to sometime soon, and also my other cars. Overall, I'm very glad I spent the money... especially since I rarely have anyone here to help.

Ya im sure they are handy if you are alone ,for me i have a good friend that loves cars ,and he dosent own a classic ,so he always ready to help.im very lucy

Problem fixed,i also posted on teck questions and i followed some good advice,i undid my brake lines from the m/c and ran two small lines out.then i attached two clear line on the ends.droped them into the m/c so they couldnt suck air .i had a friend pump the brake pedal while i held the clear hoses below the fluid level , all the air came out ,Then i went back and bled all the cylinders ,now i have lots of pedal,thanks for the help
Paul

that would be bleeding the master. As I recommended.

Yes brandon ,i used your advice and it worked very well thanks again
Paul

Auto Transport Service
Back