• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brakebooster adjustment

__Larsson____

Local time
10:59 AM
Reaction score
So i had to buy a new brakebooster, as shown in the pictures the little one on the right is what it came with, to the left of that is the one from the 53 yr old OE one. And the longer one is what i had to get cause the little one was to short for my setup.

I couldnt find any measurement in the shop manual about how the push rod should be adjusted. Should it touch the mastercylinder or be a gap in resting position?
20230620_020014.jpg

20230620_020043.jpg

20230620_020048.jpg

Ideally there should be a very slight gap to ensure that the MC can return fully, otherwise the brakes can hang up. There is actually a gauge for checking and setting pushrod depth, it looks like this…

image.jpg

Ideally there should be a very slight gap to ensure that the MC can return fully, otherwise the brakes can hang up. There is actually a gauge for checking and setting pushrod depth, it looks like this…

View attachment 1482742
Yeah i have seen that tool BUT it is not worth buying because it's crazy expensive in sweden to use only once

Auto Transport Service
Back