• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brand Recommendations for Torsion Bar Crossmember for 1967 GTX

Svendsen

Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
I either need a new torsion bar crossmember for my 1967 GTX, or I need to repair it. I just saw on Summit someone complaining about fitment issues with a new AMD #395-1466 torsion bar crossmember. That would be my part # as well. I would like to know if those fitments issues are true. Anyone else have problems with the AMD piece? Any other brands out that you would recommend? Thank you!

I have heard complaints of the AMD ones being narrower than they should be. Not exactly what the fix for that would be. If anybody else is making them, I can guarantee you that they will be even worse than the AMD. Several years ago when I had to replace that part on one of my cars, I found an original. Fit like a glove.....

hunt2elk, thanks, I'm surprised, AMD stuff is usually highly recommended. That said, I'm leaning towards finding an oem piece. Thanks!

I could only assume it's a hair smaller so you have a chance at it going in smoothly.
Better than too big.

I haven't heard of anybody other than AMD making something like that.

hunt2elk, thanks, I'm surprised, AMD stuff is usually highly recommended. That said, I'm leaning towards finding an oem piece. Thanks!

We have a very nice used one, from a far western USA car. The problem is, it is still in the car, and have been drilling factory spot welds, when we can work on it. I may be able to have it all drilled off in the next 2 weeks, at least we can try. Not rusty. 400.00 plus ship,
or you are welcome to come pick it up in person. Just let me know.

Auto Transport Service
Back