• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brewer Performance 4 speed

R/T

Local time
12:10 PM
Reaction score
I have placed 2 orders at Brewer 4 speed on Monday and still no response!
Are they waiting for inventory, or too busy ,maybe vacationing? Or....?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had back and forth emails with Dan a few times this week regarding a quote for a 4 speed conversion so they are definitely there.

They always been quick for me. I placed an order last Saturday, Everything was shipped Monday and going on the car today. Have you tried calling?

I'm assuming you placed it online and are expecting a response of some type..
I don't know about that but on phone orders there is no email regarding an order.
Brewer's typically ships very fast after a phone order. I THINK they prefer phone orders to ensure people get what they need correctly.
I KNOW a young person who questioned, a couple of years ago, why Brewer's did not have net ordering. I see they now have that.
All that being said.Ive got a transmissio ordered and know there is a long wait.
It's a small operation.

I know with Brewers in the past when you place an order, you need to call and pay via phone when they send the confirmation email. Atleast that was a few years back I can't remember exactly how it worked when I was ordering a ton of **** weekly so give them a call and see what's up. They have always been right on top of things in my book for sure!

Many great dealings with Dan over the years. Great guy, willing and able to help, but
covered slam up most of the time.
Just call them. He'll drop what he's doing and chat with you and he's a walking encyclopedia
on our old cars.

I ordered a shifter a few weeks back, shipped out that same day...just get on the phone and place the order

Many great dealings with Dan over the years. Great guy, willing and able to help, but
covered slam up most of the time.
Just call them. He'll drop what he's doing and chat with you and he's a walking encyclopedia
on our old cars.
Ok ill call Mr Dan
:praying:

Merci buckets

I've had back and forth emails with Dan a few times this week regarding a quote for a 4 speed conversion so they are definitely there.
Yes they sent me a thank you twice but then nothing...

I know they are probably Prepping for the Indy Show, Next Weekend, 3/6-7, so They may be a bit busy at this time ?

Dan and Wayne are great guys and will bend over backwards to help ya. Yep place order on line and then call to confirm and pay. Thats how they roll.

Did you try this? @Dan Brewer ? He is a member here you know. And let's be respectful.

Last edited:
I think there’s more to your story.

For starters their web site is not secure so if you actually do an online order they send a confirmation email with payment instructions to be followed, which you said you have had back and forth emails regarding a 4 speed conversion quote. 4 speed conversions can be complex and require much detailed information so I imagine you may be leaving details out hence the back and forth.
Secondly, I don’t understand why you wouldn’t have just phoned and spoken with someone. Especially when dumping 6 or so grand USD on something like a conversion.

Every time I have ordered something I called, and I can’t say enough about A- the knowledge and customer service I receive. I have spoken to Dan (he’s a bit more chatty), Wayne usually seems to help me (totally to the point and gets er done) and also Lisa a few times too who is also eager to help. And B- how quick they process the order and get it shipped thereafter.

Rather than make a post like you initially did I would suggest making better efforts to reach out. Then if you’re still have a problem make a respectful post with an enquiry if you must.

Good luck with your order

Brewers seems to be a quality vendor.

when I was doing my 4 speed swap, I called Wayne for an 18 spline 833.
I live 2 hours away and wanted to come pick it up and pay cash.

Oddly enough, he wouldn’t sell me a transmission, unless I purchased every item for a complete swap. I asked him to confirm that he just said he wouldn’t sell me a trans. Yep, not unless I bought every part listed in his swap kit.

I couldn’t believe my ears!

I drove 7 hours to Passon, and bought one from Jamie. When I was there, Jamie asked why I didn’t buy from Brewer, as I live in Ohio. I told him, Wayne wouldn’t sell me one. :realcrazy:

Anyhow, that kind of turned me off on ever buying anything from Brewers from here on out.

Oddly enough, he wouldn’t sell me a transmission, unless I purchased every item for a complete swap. I asked him to confirm that he just said he wouldn’t sell me a trans. Yep, not unless I bought every part listed in his swap kit.

I drove 7 hours to Passon, and bought one from Jamie. When I was there, Jamie asked why I didn’t buy from Brewer, as I live in Ohio. I told him, Wayne wouldn’t sell me one. :realcrazy:

Anyhow, that kind of turned me off on ever buying anything from Brewers from here on out.
You know, I wonder if that is what happened to me as well? I wanted to buy an 18 spline trans and called them because I've bought a fair amount from them in the past and been satisfied. Told me it would be 6-8 months. Thought that was odd, so I called Passon. Jamie had one crated up and coming my way in 2 days. Maybe Brewer's was just out of them and Passon happened to have one in stock, idk..

Last edited:
I think there’s more to your story.

For starters their web site is not secure so if you actually do an online order they send a confirmation email with payment instructions to be followed, which you said you have had back and forth emails regarding a 4 speed conversion quote. 4 speed conversions can be complex and require much detailed information so I imagine you may be leaving details out hence the back and forth.
Secondly, I don’t understand why you wouldn’t have just phoned and spoken with someone. Especially when dumping 6 or so grand USD on something like a conversion.

Every time I have ordered something I called, and I can’t say enough about A- the knowledge and customer service I receive. I have spoken to Dan (he’s a bit more chatty), Wayne usually seems to help me (totally to the point and gets er done) and also Lisa a few times too who is also eager to help. And B- how quick they process the order and get it shipped thereafter.

Rather than make a post like you initially did I would suggest making better efforts to reach out. Then if you’re still have a problem make a respectful post with an enquiry if you must.

Good luck with your order

Are you querying my response or the original OP's question? You seem to be mixing us both in together.
If you're referencing my "back and forth emails" then yes I have been emailing Dan, asking for an updated quote to include current shipping, advice on the clutch options he gave me, and whether the driveshaft would need to be changed. I've been emailing Dan direct, not through the website, although my initial enquiry 6 months ago was through their website.
I didn't call him because there's no need to - his quote was very comprehensive (and included a few different clutch and shifter options), they are a trusted company with a good reputation, and if I am going to "dump 6 or so grand USD on something" I like to have it all in writing, to avoid any issues later on with misunderstandings on inclusions/exclusions etc.

Last edited:
Are you querying my response or the original OP's question? You seem to be mixing us both in together.
If you're referencing my "back and forth emails" then yes I have been emailing Dan, asking for an updated quote to include current shipping, advice on the clutch options he gave me, and whether the driveshaft would need to be changed. I've been emailing Dan direct, not through the website, although my initial enquiry 6 months ago was through their website.
I didn't call him because there's no need to - his quote was very comprehensive (and included a few different clutch and shifter options), they are a trusted company with a good reputation, and if I am going to "dump 6 or so grand USD on something" I like to have it all in writing, to avoid any issues later on with misunderstandings on inclusions/exclusions etc.

No not you. The original poster said they had emailed a couple times back and forth.

Last edited:
What is your name and I will look into it...I doubt we got the order or you didn't click "checkout"

For awhile we were very low on 18 spline parts, and we were not going to sell 1 piece of the puzzle away from a complete package. No different than selling one piston away from a set/8. Parts availability on the 18 spline stuff is no longer an issue.

Auto Transport Service
Back