• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bucket list car - 1968 Dodge Charger

WikedCharger

Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
I wanted to introduce myself and my new to me 1968 Dodge Charger. I've wanted a Charger for years or decades I should say but never really pursued getting one. I bought many other 50's and 60's cars and finally decided it was time. The car I bought is a 1968 Dodge Charger with a factory 383 4 barrel, dual exhaust, bucket seats with center console. It was originally green with a white top and a white interior. The car has all new floors, trunk, quarter panels and front/rear valance panels. The rest of the car (doors, hood, fender, rockers, roof etc) are all perfect and rust free. The seats do need to be recovered and it needs some interior pieces...but it's a 68' Charger and it's mine.....a bucket list car for me and now part of my growing car family!!

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Charger front end.jpg

Charger rear end.jpg

Welcome from Alabama, nice Gen II Charger.

Welcome from Georgia

Nice project.

Welcome from Colorado.
A solid 68 Charger is a bucket list car for sure. Possibly even a Holy Grail car these days, right up there with the 70 Cuda.
Good luck with your project.

Congratulations on your 68 Charger find! Going to be a great project. A word of caution when it comes to Chargers, they are like Lays potato chips, you can't have just one!

20220925_200214.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome. And I agree, I've already been looking at a few other Chargers. The body shape is just so beautiful....a true work of art. I may end up having to get a 69 and 70 Charger. But that would be WAY down the road as I have several other projects I'm currently working on. The rest of my old car stable includes a 1957 Chevy Belair, 1957 Oldsmobile Super 88, 1958 Plymouth Belvedere, 1967 Camaro RS and a 1968 Mustang. My son and I are also working on a 1966 Mustang for him to drive. Old cars just have so much more character than new cars!!! Every drive is an adventure.

Welcome from Colorado.
A solid 68 Charger is a bucket list car for sure. Possibly even a Holy Grail car these days, right up there with the 70 Cuda.
Good luck with your project.
I wanted to introduce myself and my new to me 1968 Dodge Charger. I've wanted a Charger for years or decades I should say but never really pursued getting one. I bought many other 50's and 60's cars and finally decided it was time. The car I bought is a 1968 Dodge Charger with a factory 383 4 barrel, dual exhaust, bucket seats with center console. It was originally green with a white top and a white interior. The car has all new floors, trunk, quarter panels and front/rear valance panels. The rest of the car (doors, hood, fender, rockers, roof etc) are all perfect and rust free. The seats do need to be recovered and it needs some interior pieces...but it's a 68' Charger and it's mine.....a bucket list car for me and now part of my growing car family!!

Thanks for letting me ramble.

View attachment 1592170

View attachment 1592171
Welcome From Wyoming

Welcome. You've just added the best looking car in your stable. And in most any stable.

Thanks again for all the messages. I'm looking forward to starting work on the car...just need it to warm up and stop raining. Also, what is the best place to look for parts? I know there is a forum on this site, but any other outside places that are recommended?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the warm welcome. And I agree, I've already been looking at a few other Chargers. The body shape is just so beautiful....a true work of art. I may end up having to get a 69 and 70 Charger. But that would be WAY down the road as I have several other projects I'm currently working on. The rest of my old car stable includes a 1957 Chevy Belair, 1957 Oldsmobile Super 88, 1958 Plymouth Belvedere, 1967 Camaro RS and a 1968 Mustang. My son and I are also working on a 1966 Mustang for him to drive. Old cars just have so much more character than new cars!!! Every drive is an adventure.
What's the 58 belvedere look like? I got a 69 charger!

Auto Transport Service
Back