• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buddy seat cover installation

NJRR

Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
Well, I finally have time this weekend to put the new cover on my buddy seat and install it in the RR. Anyone have any tips on how to put it on easy? Special tools? I'll post pics of the install as I go along.

Just did one on my 67 Dodge and it turned out great. Take a few pictures of the clip location, especially where the cover overlaps in the front. They are the trickiest as they go through 2 layers of vinyl. Be patient. I worked on the kitchen table with a towel to ensure no scratching of the new cover. I used a needle-nose and vice grips to open up the clips, they are pretty strong unless rusted. Start with the corners to make sure the cover is even, and use channel locks to get the clips snug again.

Attachments

• IMG_2702.jpg
    IMG_2702.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 144
Well, I finally got to do the cover yesterday ( car was in a show today- will post pics), sort of. When I pulled out the buddy seat and the cover i bought i realized they were different sizes- The cover for the folding part is bigger. I didn't have any foam to fill in the extra vinyl so I just decided to clean the vinyl as best I could and install it. I used Krud Kutter, Spray 9 and Clorox Cleanup with bleach. Got the dirt off but couldn't remove the discoloration. I installed it and it really didn't look that bad. Can anyone tell from the pics what year my buddy seat is from? I thought it was 70 and ordered a 70 cover. FullSizeRender_1.jpgFullSizeRender_2.jpgFullSizeRender_3.jpgFullSizeRender_4.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back