• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buying a Be Cool Radiator, Need help deciding on left or right hose location

To quote from the Wizard site:
"Hot coolant flowing from the engine enters one tank, then passes through the tubes in the radiator core to the other tank, which then passes the coolant back into the engine. While the coolant is in the tubes of the core, the heat from the coolant transfers to the tube wall and fins. The passage of air over the core dissipates the heat transferred to the tubes and fins and the cooled down coolant is then passed back through the engine to start the cycle over. The more tube surface area there is, the better a radiator can dissipate heat and cool. (Please read to the end.)

View attachment 441939 View attachment 441940

So, if you have both a downflow and crossflow radiators made out of the same materials, using the same build methods and using the same core dimensions, then they will provide the same level of cooling, regardless of their position."

Entered here in the event some folks might read the quoted post and take it for truth without further reasearch...

The difference is that most cross flow radiators have separators in the tanks, forcing the coolant to cross the radiator 2 or 3 times. For instance on passenger side inlet / driver side outlet, coolant typically crosses the radiator 3x before exiting back to the motor. I've read that this config creates something like 20% better cooling efficiency than vertical tank, 1 pass radiators.

Keep this thread updated please.

I'm looking at buyin a Wizard for my 66 Coronet with 440cu with AC

Their website says it should fit but things look tight. My concern was the area near the torsion bar ends. I was trying to cross reference their schematics before I order.

I was probably going to go with the Integrated Fan MD style due to its thinness. But if someone knows that I go with a HP Fan or Non-integrated style that would help.

thanks

watermelon

(bump)

2quick,

did you get your Wizard yet?

which coolant are you going to use?

i have a Wizard in the works also. my engine is all iron but i wanted to get coolant that will be compatible for Aluminum Radiators. I will probably do a prestone flush and then use Prestone Dex-cool; it says aluminum radiator compatible.

https://www.prestone.com/products?detail=AF888

i looked at the Evans threads here and I see the science but I actually want cool temps numberswise not the increase that can be experienced with Evans.

My Atomic EFI will be triggering the fan on/off relay circuitry.

thanks,

watermelon

Auto Transport Service
Back