• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cable bill.

4 years since I cut the cable. It was nearly $200 for a basic package with internet. I installed an OTA in the attic with a booster and receive 50+ local channels. Most of which are junk, but I do use the Samsung + channels occasionally. Internet is $55, blazing fast through the cable provider, and stream whatever else we want to watch. The only streaming services we have are Up faith and Family for the wife and Disney+ (@#^$#@÷×') for the grandkids. I'm forbidden to cancel them.
Altogether with internet, about $70 per month.
I don't miss cable TV one bit.

You must have Cox Communications our bill is cough choke $357.27! No premium channels, Internet we pay for 1gig but stepson streams music so he pays $50 for unlimited usage so that's $50 off. Could switch to Frontier but it's only $20 cheaper maybe.
I'm in Connecticut also and have Frontier. It's about $290 a month for TV and internet. I do have most of the movie channels though.

had spectrum got up to $280 a month,called serveral times to see if they had any deals for us to lower the bill,none only for new subscribers,basicly told us to cancel and renew in a month,got tired of no deals for loyal customers,have a smart tv so we switched to t mobile box and got a digital antenna pay $50 a month,granted i get 300 channels with the digital antenna and most are older shows,but i love the savings.

AT&T TV, which is now DIRECTV streaming I believe. It's reasonable and if you feel frisky, they'll give you the reach around and the sky's the limit. Those that think they have the answers to getting it dirt cheap, aren't getting it all. The only thing I ever got dirt cheap or free in my life, I had to go to the doctor to get rid of. The world has got you by the balls, enjoy it.

Check out the Cord Cutter News website and YouTube channel for all the info you're looking for.

I quit cable TV and kept high speed internet service about 20 years ago.

I watch for deals on streaming services and sign up for a while to watch what I like then either pause or cancel the service.

I mainly find enough interesting content on YouTube to watch so I pay $15/month just to add free streaming. Cable is $40/month. Phone bill through US Mobile via Verizon is $20/month. Amazon prime is $15/month or $140/year.

I have a network DVR connected to a rooftop antenna for all the local channels and watch via an app on the smart TV, or other devices like Roku and Amazon Fire stick.

after 20 years just cancelled satellite TV service, they r both the same $$$....

the best/cheapest way to watch is streaming, u can get plans as low as 6.00 month..therefore its easy at that price to get several..

summary,,,No internet service, Satellite,,Internet service = streaming..

I just hate the fact that cable can time the commercials so there on at the same time, if not all the time! channel surfing has become commercial surfing! i could do the whole retirement health care shpeel in my sleep!

I just hate the fact that cable can time the commercials so there on at the same time, if not all the time! channel surfing has become commercial surfing! i could do the whole retirement health care shpeel in my sleep!
It's the same for streaming TV on one of the free apps. Like, Pluto TV.

Auto Transport Service
Back