• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cable throttle body for gen3 hemi?

Dwhip360

Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
I'm doing a gen3 hemi swap and using terminator x max for engine control. I don't think I want to use the electric throttle body because I have a 46re trans. What cable throttle body are you guys using? Thanks, Dave

BBK 1792, 85mm, Terminator x, 6.1, 8HP70
Just don't ask me how I like it because I'm not finished putting it together.

I didn't want to run an GM TB + adapter. Lots of others have...
BBK also keeps the throttle cable on the driver's side, which I prefer.

These are not mine but gives a good idea of how I will run the throttle cable on our 6.1

something like this...
1701411587980.png

or this... or something very similar...
1701411763429.png

I originally bought a BBK for mine, but it was expensive and the sensors didn't match the Terminator X kit I bought. I ended up swapping it for an LS one from Fitech and an adapter plate. It came with the sensors and was a lot cheaper. Looks a little better as well in my opinion. The throttle cable routing is a little awkward, but it works. Word of advice, stay away from the Fitech cable brackets. They're all junk. The Holley version is much better.

PXL_20231202_222325970.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys. It gives me an idea of how to set it up. I just need to set up the kickdown cable as well. I'm running the 46re transmission.

Auto Transport Service
Back