• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calgary Members

gunmetal72

Local time
4:40 PM
Reaction score
I am wanting to know if anyone in Calgary AB might know of a good machine shop or person where I can send my 340 block and crank to, to have some work done?

Hi gunmetal72, I can't help but there are indeed a lot of Alberta members on here. What's your car?
Oh, and...welcome:wav:

Oh..joined in 2013 and this is your first post? :)

Last edited:
How about Lee Brothers in Red Deer. I can't vouch for them yet but I've heard nothing but good. I will soon be picking up an engine that was recently built by them.

D&W awesome! Just had my block assembled and machined.

Hi all, thanks for the welcome, My motor is a 72 340. Still pretty much stock with standard bore and "J" heads. Seems everyone I talk to in Calgary can't tell me of a reputable machine shop. I really don't want to have o go outside Calgary if I can help it. The only shop I have gotten any good feedback on is Muscle Motors just outside Strathmore.

Again all the high end engine builders I know in western Canada use D&W in Calgary. They aren't super fast because they are so busy but they even rebuild NASCAR engines

Muscle Motors in Strathmore is where I get my work done and they did an awesome job!

Auto Transport Service
Back