• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Bans Chrome Plating! WTF!

No diesel trucks older than 2010 either. They are effectively putting themselves out of business.
No company will want to open up shop there, and the companies there are planning their exit
strategies.

Not surprised they won't stop until it's a 3rd world state...

No diesel trucks older than 2010 either. They are effectively putting themselves out of business.
No company will want to open up shop there, and the companies there are planning their exit
strategies.
No diesel "big rigs" older than 2010.

Pretty soon we'll have to send our **** to China or India to be chromed.

Pretty soon we'll have to send our **** to China or India to be chromed.
Already happening in a way with all the repops being made in China for automotive bumpers and all the household goodies like chrome faucets.

Not just "Big Rigs". I read a story about a guy who owns a towing company with like twenty trucks,
and he says he's out of buisness. He has to sell all of his vehicles out of state and buy Cal-Legal trucks.

Not just "Big Rigs". I read a story about a guy who owns a towing company with like twenty trucks,
and he says he's out of buisness. He has to sell all of his vehicles out of state and buy Cal-Legal trucks.
Bought a box truck a couple years ago, (this diesel ban isn't new, it just advances a couple years, every couple years), from a business that couldn't register it in cali any more. Bought the whole truck for what the lift gate on it was worth. Registered it by email in Arizona without them ever seeing it.

Large trucks weighing at least 14,000 pounds.

You can check out any time you want, But your wallet can never leave!

I have had some bumper work done for me by Tri-City. They do a nice job. I have called them before attending Chryslers at Carlisle with my request. I swap my core and $$$ for a rechromed piece. Cheaper than getting it done in Canada with all the regulations governing the industry. Cambridge Chrome is still in business, but pretty expensive. Some local businesses that were set up for repairing and rechroming bumpers have folded up simply because most modern vehicles no longer use chrome bumpers, but plastic body-coloured covers instead.

i understand the political rule,but i gotta say,its kinda sad that everyone else gets their say,
some of which is necessary to Describe calis state of affairs right now to be On Topic.
but hey delete mine cause the rules apply to everyone right,even tho i was saying the Same things.
smh...thanks for that.

Auto Transport Service
Back