• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Car Covers THINK TWICE before you buy.

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
Not a year old and is always under the carport. I will be contacting then to see what they say. I knew better when they are a one size fit all nothing custom about these covers.

20220927_185732.jpg

20220927_185739.jpg

20220927_185743.jpg

20220927_185752.jpg

20220927_185800.jpg

20220927_185805.jpg

20220927_185813.jpg

20220927_185832.jpg

Not defending them, but if that cover is being caught and pulled by the wind, I could see the corners doing that. I have the same type of cover and my covers occasionally catch things during removal and weaken and look similar to yours. It comes with the territory. Also, the weather beats the **** out of them.

Not defending them, but if that cover is being caught and pulled by the wind, I could see the corners doing that. I have the same type of cover and my covers occasionally catch things during removal and weaken and look similar to yours. It comes with the territory. Also, the weather beats the **** out of them.
Ron you must work for them :poke:

I've got three covers from California Car Covers (for different cars of course) and have had ZERO problems with any of them. I've had the covers for about 10 years now, so maybe quality has changed? Difference being though, I keep all of them inside all the time. No exposure to the elements like you have described.

Is that an outdoor cover? Looks like the indoor cover I have from them.

I agree, it does look a lot like the indoor one I use from California too. Dave, is that even an outdoor cover? It would be a shame if so. I’m sure you paid good money for it either way. But being outside with just the wind alone puts a beating on it regardless of brand.

Looks to me like a cat might have been clawing its way over your car & cover.
X2. It sure looks like a cat was clawing at the cover. I have three of their covers, two indoor and one indoor/outdoor. No problems with any of them, and one is over thirty years old.

Those grommets on the side are there for
a reason. A bungie under the belly helps
to greatly reduce the flappin' in the breeze,
thereby reducing wear at the corners.
Kind of a pain to stretch across. I used a
straightened out coat hanger to snag the
bungie hook to pull it to the other side.
Had a California cover on my car outside
in Houston's weather for 5 years. No
problems.

Ive had one for 8 yrs and looks brand new. No issues with it.

I have 3 California Car Covers but they are all used on garaged cars. One came with a car I bought 25 years ago and is still in great condition!
The most recent cover I bought was from CoverKing last year with a black Friday discount. I would have bought another California Covers but even with their Black Friday discount their prices have really gotten high, well over $300.
The last California Car Covers one I bought was late 2016 or early 2017 and my recollection was it was around $200.

I purchased a cover from them back in 08 or 9. Pulled it from the box and immediately notice a hole in it. Called them the same day as delivery and requested an exchange. Was told by CS that they would only patch it if i sent it to them, no refund or exchange. Will never purchase from the again.

Hoping they live up to their Reputation, as I just bought one for my project...

Auto Transport Service
Back