• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Governor signs order to ban gas vehicles by 2035

Yeahrightgreer

Local time
8:07 AM
Reaction score
I’m sure those of you in California have already heard but it looks like the governor just signed an executive order stating their goal of 100% zero emission passenger cars by 2035 and 100% medium and heavy duty vehicles where possible by 2045.

California governor signs executive order to ban gas-powered cars and trucks

A lot of people are fussing but reading the actual verbiage of the order states https://www.gov.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/9.23.20-EO-N-79-20-text.pdf the ban of “new sales” vehicles in 2035.

It looks like California as always is the first state to adopt this, won’t be long for the other states to follow suite. Better start battery swapping your Mopars!

Yep. We've got about 7 years to enjoy our dinosaurs. California is definitely the window to the country's future. I don't like it, but it is unstoppable.

I still don't know why electric cars are called zero emissions. They should be called remote emissions vehicles.

Yep. We've got about 7 years to enjoy our dinosaurs. California is definitely the window to the country's future. I don't like it, but it is unstoppable.
It it not "unstoppable".
These idiots call Trump a Dictator but has he ever tried to put the skids on a legitimate business that generates billions of dollars a year?
Oil and gas companies, car manufacturers and others will not allow this. At the very least, this will be delayed for years and years. The infrastructure is already long overdue and cannot keep up with current electrical demand yet these dorks want to stress it even further?

Well here we go. People complain now that there is no way to get rid of batteries now with only one battery per vehicle. I'm not sure how many batteries are in those cars but it's more then one. And the replacement of those batteries is in the thousands. How will they get rid of all those batteries?????

Last edited:
Another fine example of our communist government in California. There are so many recall petitions going on to try and rid of this dictator but I fear we’re stuck with him. I guarantee he will have his hat in the ring at the appropriate time for a presidential election bid. Fear that people cause he’s going to try and pass his infectious policies on to the entire nation. You mark my words.

This is from an Australian car magazine:
"Electric vehicle (EV) emissions are far from zero. Reputable academic website The Conversation looked at EV versus internal combustion engine (ICE) equivalents in Australia using average grid electricity and over a distance of 150,000 kms. It found that from the point of extracting the raw materials, through to end-of-life vehicle disposal, the average EV contributed 18% less carbon emissions than an equivalent ICE vehicle or 273g CO2/km total lifetime emissions for the EV versus 333g for the ICE. Cars only account for 10% of Australia's greenhouse gas emissions so it's a lot of cost and change for not much benefit."
It does move the air pollution from the towns and cities to wherever the power plants are, but it's a big rip-off in terms of climate change.

I hope I live long enough to see this disaster.

This is from an Australian car magazine:
"Electric vehicle (EV) emissions are far from zero. Reputable academic website The Conversation looked at EV versus internal combustion engine (ICE) equivalents in Australia using average grid electricity and over a distance of 150,000 kms. It found that from the point of extracting the raw materials, through to end-of-life vehicle disposal, the average EV contributed 18% less carbon emissions than an equivalent ICE vehicle or 273g CO2/km total lifetime emissions for the EV versus 333g for the ICE. Cars only account for 10% of Australia's greenhouse gas emissions so it's a lot of cost and change for not much benefit."
It does move the air pollution from the towns and cities to wherever the power plants are, but it's a big rip-off in terms of climate change.

Unfortunately the "ECO zealots" don't pay attention to a complete set of facts. They have developed their own new religion, which does not rely on facts, only beliefs and incomplete or inaccurate data.

That's the land of libtards for you.

119092813_10157471815377596_4241815006557355363_n.jpg

I really don't know how everyone gravitates to that state. I don't think I could live there. Too many F^^ed up Liberals.

I really don't know how everyone gravitates to that state. I don't think I could live there. Too many F^^ed up Liberals.
As of late, people are doing the opposite, they're leaving. I recently had 3 family members move back to Ohio for these reasons.

It always amazes me to watch the politicians and their regulations, they don't seem to go any further than the surface on any of their plans. Where does the energy to charge these batteries come from, where do the junk batteries go, how are you going to supply enough electricity to all of these charging stations??? Especially California, if I'm not mistaken don't they depend on surrounding states for their power?

Last edited:
sooo does that mean the whole country will be on fire by 2035?

Screw California, I don't agree with one thing they say or do!! How does Nancy feel about that, while she flies back and forth from DC constantly in a plane that leaves a carbon foot print the size of here state. What a bunch of **** sticks!! I thought it was the cows farts that were the problem........

By 2035 the west coast will be burnt up and earthquakes will have destroyed the rest so relax when w.va. Gov bans internal combustion vehicles then worry

I'll be 80 then. I hope to still be rippin' gears then. I need to convert my cars to ethanol and start making my own fuel! LOL

Someone has their head in the clouds or stuck deep in the sand... or tripped too much acid to think this way... I’m for clean air and a healthy environment but the thought of this is out of the left field .

It's banning the SALE of gas powered cars, not the use of. No way they are going to get rid of ALL the gas powered cars in 15 years. Ain't going to happen.

You guys are not seeing the big picture. You think that just government will eliminate the gas powered vehicle. Government is just getting the ball rolling. The people (of California) will eliminate the gas powered vehicle.
Take cigarettes for example. Was a legal product to buy and use. The State of California simply banned indoor use of tobacco in public places. Ten yeas later local municipalities banned the use in parks, sidewalks, parking lots, etc. Today in areas such as Santa Clara you cannot smoke in your own home. Why, because the chance that smoke might waft to your neighbor's yard. Smoking became socially unacceptable and INTOLERABLE!
The people (of California) will start to ban gas powered vehicles in neighborhoods. I can see the stories now; I have young children that play in my backyard. What gives my neighbor the right to have his tailpipe emissions pollute the lungs of my children! Tailpipe emissions will become socially unacceptable, and INTOLERABLE!
We've got 7 years. Go enjoy your rides!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back