• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California - MOPAR festival of speed at Willow Springs Raceway "big track"

earlyrides

Local time
5:08 AM
Reaction score
Have you ever wanted to run your old Mopar flat out with no chance of being nabbed by Johnny Law?

Here is your chance!

I got this invite recently from Tim Herren of Alltime Racing for the Spring Fling Festival of Speed out at Willow Springs Raceway.

When: Thursday April 3, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM PDT2014

Where: WSIR
3500 75th Street West
Rosamond, CA 93560
Driving Directions

Dear Vince,
Announcing our next track day. This Spring event has become a favorite with drivers and spectators. While this event is not crowded, it provides for lots of quality track time with a wide variety of cars. Many drivers come from out of state as far away as Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Oregon, and Canada. There will be a mix of current production cars as well as vintage cars.

We are thinking about adding something new this year. Some drag racing on the front straightaway briefly during lunch. This would be for a limited number of cars, for a small fee, to cover a cash prize for the top cars. Let me know you think!

Click here for event and payment info, Alltime Racing web page.

http://alltimeracing.com/

If you have questions or need more info shoot me an email or give me a call.

Dont forget to sign up to get the discount.
Sincerely,

Tim Herren

[email protected]
310-227-3247

iPad pics all Feb 2013 042.jpgFFLosAngeles2013 028.jpg
John and I plan to be there. Drag racing sounds good, I'm in.

The ragtop /6 is now a 5.9 Magnum. I think that's Tims blue E Body.

- - - Updated - - -

iPad pics all Feb 2013 472.jpgiPad pics all Feb 2013 041.jpg2013 Misc Vegas LA Blue Jean Bop 069.jpg2013 Misc Vegas LA Blue Jean Bop 068.jpg2013 Misc Vegas LA Blue Jean Bop 070.jpg More track day pics. Willow Springs. Great for spectators too, parade laps for all at lunchtime. A blast. The PCP SRT8 belongs to Daryl, a mopar vendor. He ran down a Porsche out there that day. A prepped wing car there too. The sound of that uncapped open big block cannot be described.

iPad pics all Feb 2013 043.jpgiPad pics all Feb 2013 474.jpg Track day. First pic Steve Wall SoCal CPW with an A Body, Second pic Tim Herren, our volunteer driving Instructor and John Cross.

How is that roll bar mounted in the vert?

Dennis - I wanted to bring the ol' VRT BIRD out to do some laps but was told by Tim that I needed a roll bar.
I notice a single hoop in the yellow 'Cuda.
How is that mounted?
Did they let you do laps at speed with that or not?
I see similar ones on Summits website for around $50.
Maybe I will bolt one in?
I could always take it out later.
Right?
VRTBIRD.jpg

Yes, he ran at speed. It is a Summit rollbar that he welded in.

I see Dennis is well stocked with Bud for the road race course. Good job! And why not?? I had a buddy that drag raced with a 12 pack of Schmidt in a cooler behind the seat of his 67 383S Barracuda.

Dang, i would come watch but i'll be at the Portland Swapmeet that weekend. Hopefully someone takes a few pictures.

Dang, i would come watch but i'll be at the Portland Swapmeet that weekend. Hopefully someone takes a few pictures.

I was going to go to Portland swap (as I do every year) but had some business to take care of at spring fling. Deliver sold parts, pick up parts, etc.. There will be pictures I'm sure.

OK West Coast Gentleman, get it in gear. Track Day, Spring Fling, MATS just over two weeks away. Shakedown, wax it whatever - just get ready. Palmdale. Los Angeles. Las Vegas. I just have to change the oil, detail it and buy beer. The sound of Mopar thunder is about to fill the Southwest. Be ready. Canon Camera 685.jpg

Can't wait Dennis! I'll be there for the Malibu cruise and then the show and swap meet both days. I really wish I could make it for track day on Thursday though. Maybe next year once the big block is finally in. LOVE.THAT.SHOT.OF.YOUR.CAR.

OK West Coast Gentleman, get it in gear. Track Day, Spring Fling, MATS just over two weeks away. Shakedown, wax it whatever - just get ready. Palmdale. Los Angeles. Las Vegas. I just have to change the oil, detail it and buy beer. The sound of Mopar thunder is about to fill the Southwest. Be ready. View attachment 175524

Auto Transport Service
Back