• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Californians Brace For Deadly 50-Degree Cold Front

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:55 PM
Reaction score
mail.jpg

CALIFORNIA - The rest of the nation may be battling bitter cold, but they have no idea what the poor people in California are about to face: weather in the mid-50s, with a chance of something strange called "rain."

Across Los Angeles, San Diego, and the Inland Empire, Californians swarmed local stores looking to buy jackets, scarves, earmuffs, and mittens, hoping to survive the imminent mild weather.

"This polar vortex could be the worst meteorological disaster to hit the state in decades," said one Fox 11 news anchor gravely as a special WEATHER DISASTER WATCH 2019 warning graphic flashed on the screen. "Stay indoors, try not to talk too much. Don't risk it out in the deadly cold."

"You might even have to put on shoes," he added. "May God help us all."
While temps are expected to drop to the unprecedented low 50s, weathermen confirmed that wind chill could put that up in the high 40s, at which point most Californians are expected to simply keel over and die. The rest of the nation seemed to be OK with this.

Jump into the Pacific Ocean to warm up!
:lol:

When i was a kid growing up, back in the 50's and 60's in Connecticut, i never knew that it got cold, and snowed in California.
I thought it was Hollywood, and beach movies, and tv shows, everywhere.
California, really was a big deal, for me, back in those dinosaur days.
A friend of mine, back then, was a military brat, and his dads last assignment before retirement, was a AF base somewhere out here in California.
We gave him a nickname of "California"
When my 2 year tour of duty with the Air Force, was coming to an end, in Germany, i put down re assignment bases in California, on my "dream sheet" as we called it.
Upon discharge, i just stayed here.
Been 47 years now.

It physically is a really nice place. It's just too bad about the people, lots of them are nice but with the amount there it's no wonder what it's become. Europe is no heck either, same reason.

It physically is a really nice place. It's just too bad about the people, lots of them are nice but with the amount there it's no wonder what it's become. Europe is no heck either, same reason.
I agree. Beautiful state, I’d love to go cruising pacific coast Highway, Van Nuys blvd. Non of the touristy bs, all the cool hot rod places.

Just in case any lose power due to the weather, I hear there's plenty of room at the Hotel California...

We had a couple of Californian's here for the holidays.... it was only -12 with 40-45 below wind chills. They had never experienced that, I said what do you think of going green now? Anyway I really like California, just not the politics.

It's currently 53* outside today with chance of rain the next few days. There are areas that are colder but we are somewhat insulated from that since we are less than 2 miles from the ocean. It has gotten below 32 many times, just not currently. I'm in my usual attire of t-shirt and shorts. Have never lived out of the state, only resided in two of the counties in my 64 years. I don't mind snow to play in, will travel out of my way for that but do not want to deal with it on a daily basis in the winter. I read the article earlier this week about the pileup during a whiteout in Ohio with people going too fast for the conditions. Get that here with rain. The first rain of the season is known to make the road slick but some don't pay attention as they are in a perpetual hurry. Several years ago I was going to the AMBR show in Pomona with two of my neighbors. One grew up on Nantucket and the other spent time in NYC and other cold areas when he was an airline mechanic. The stories they told of wintertime fun trying to unfreeze locks, deal with mold in the basements, cold water bursting plumbing etc made me glad I was a homie here. We have to worry about wildfires, been hit with that down south in 07 and earthquakes. And yes the politics suck. We don't get into discussions with many neighbors, except for the guy across from us who is a biker/hot rod guy and Trump fan, as many around us are lefties. As much as I would like to put additional flags on the pole, like NRA or Trump or BLM blows etc, don't want the petty vandalism or other fun stuff happening. Very few people know how we firmly believe in 2A. Would rather let them find out the hard way. The EV fans got a wake up this summer as power generation was being taxed due to several generating plants having been shut down and the local nuke plant was heading that way until reality sank in and now Sacramento is a big fan of nuclear power. But as many know, California does not have the market locked up on dumb azz people pulling the strings of power.

I learned a long time ago there is no Utopia. Every State has it's plus-minus statistics. I play the hand that was dealt and get on with life. Crying the blues never helped. The old adage of "It is always greener on the other side of the fence" is still a wives tale IMO.

I agree. Beautiful state, I’d love to go cruising pacific coast Highway, Van Nuys blvd. Non of the touristy bs, all the cool hot rod places.
Don’t forget to follow the Kern to Bob’s Big Boy in Burbank for the Cruise. Never know what you’ll see there.

85C5ABE6-C744-4665-AE61-2EEAEB9FCB15.png

Auto Transport Service
Back