• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Californians Brace For Deadly 50-Degree Cold Front

Not all Calif. is the same, sure down south is that warm
sure down in the valley it's that warm, many times too
we get plenty of cold & snow
Believe me...

people eat (some here actually belive it too) that satire **** up with a spoon

Sonora snow 12-25-2021.JPG

I know it's an Onion or some other satire piece too
Haters gonna' hate

I live in AZ. That is cold!!! :)

A shitload better than -10 or -40 in some parts of the country now

stay warm & safe people, throw another log on the fire

Born in southern california,, lived here all my life (till a few years ago). Snow is something you drive a couple hours to get to, play in for a few hours, and then drive home, or to the beach, to warm up.
I spent a year of my life in misery at the inlaws for a weekend at Christmas in Utah, one year. It got up to 5° F one day. I was ready to kill myself.

I spent a year of my life in misery at the inlaws for a weekend at Christmas in Utah, one year. It got up to 5° F one day. I was ready to kill myself.
Nice play on words… A year of your life for one weekend!
I get it.
I like doing things outdoors. To me, the ideal weather is where you do things and don’t even notice the conditions.
We have all been busy with something and had to step away due to sweat in the eyes, a soaked through shirt or just feeling dizzy.
Less of us have dealt with extreme cold where you have nothing exposed except our eyes and nose… three or four layers of clothes and gloves and every task takes four times as long due to clumsy gloves and stiff joints.
The coldest day that I worked was in 2008 up near Lake Tahoe in a town called Truckee. 2 degrees for the high but it was clear and no wind. I was surprised at how well I tolerated it. A week later it was 12 with light snow but windy. That was horrible. It is conditions like that that make me wonder why anyone would live in areas like that. Even if taxes were low, the government stayed out of my life and I had 50 acres with a huge house, how could I enjoy any of it if I’m too cold and pissed off to go outside?

I can deal a lot better with 115° for a few weeks, than i can with 15° or -15° for a few months.
The garage is air conditioned, and the river is just down the street....

Auto Transport Service
Back