• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Call the Suicide Hot Line on someone?

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
Well, it's there but if you do that, you better make sure they are really thinking about commenting suicide. I know 2 people where that happened within the last two weeks. One I don't know very well and one I do. The first guy just mentioned it and bam, he was going to a rehab center against his will and a buddy's sister called on him. He's pissed to say the least and never ever thought about suicide. I've known him since the early 70's and I'm pretty sure about that but he's ready to retaliate against her. I know her too and I don't blame him but told him to forget it. It sounds like something my sister would do on me based on all the crap she's done to me over the years. All I know is it would be very hard not to retaliate!! What the F is wrong with people these days!! My buddy does like to drink and sometimes too much but how many drinkers hasn't done that!? All I'm saying is if you are contemplating on calling on someone......it's best to be really sure!!

As mentioned in another thread, I would not be surprised to get a call about a friend. I gave him words of encouragement, he has gone to a support group due to recent loss of a spouse, and there is nothing else to do. Ball is in his court. Can you call annonmoniously? If he was hauled to a rubber room and found out who called, it would end the friendship for sure.

As mentioned in another thread, I would not be surprised to get a call about a friend. I gave him words of encouragement, he has gone to a support group due to recent loss of a spouse, and there is nothing else to do. Ball is in his court. Can you call annonmoniously? If he was hauled to a rubber room and found out who called, it would end the friendship for sure.
Don't know if someone can call anonymously or not......but thinking my friend found out somehow or just assumed....

Big thing is he won’t be able to have any fire arms legally from here on out… If it was made up that’s one thing to be pissed about add in not being able to defend yourself or your property from it is another… hope your friend is in fact ok..

Last edited:
Unfortunately when it comes to mental health, it’s extreme opposites, people will waay over react, or waaay under react. You’re either on the ledge with one foot off, or you’re fine. There is no in between when you ask for help. And that’s what scares people out of asking for help.

My buddy does like to drink and sometimes too much but how many drinkers hasn't done that!?
There is a huge difference between a person having alot of drinks or other mind altering substants compared to knowing a longtime friend and recognizing something is really off or wrong. The gamble is on misreading the situation and pissing off a buddy for a while OR losing a buddy forever. The decision to be the person to make the call has to be, in my opinion, very close to the subject and definitely understand why such drastic choice is being made. If a person's mind is messed up enough to go through with it, then it's going to take a good friend to stop it. Unfortunately, if a person actually gets to that state of mind it's very hard to recover from it. I've known a few cases over the years where everybody was wondering why he did it but his close friends knew....

If you have ideas someone maybe considering this “final irreversible solution” my thoughts are if you’re the one with the inside connection with the person - either you or someone very close to them should carefully have that heart to heart in an attempt to get inside their head and find out where they’re at. You need to stay regularly close to that person and do your best to provide love and hope. It is so delicate a situation particularly with men who just have an extraordinary time showing what may be perceived as weakness that on the exterior - “Don’t worry I’m good - I’m okay” then the next day do the deed.

From what I’ve read and heard those that were set on doing it and then were somehow steered in the other direction the percentages are very high on their being grateful down the road a bit they didn’t do it. Such a tragic subject but a relevant one……

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back