• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calling all Rosco's...74-78 Cop cars

Jonno

Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
Any owners of A-38 Police Packages out there who want to tell us about their fine automobiles..........Monaco, Fury, Coronet and Belvedere Pursuit/Police Package cars. Big engines, small engines, marked and unmarked,
Let's hear it for them all....................

Ok. I know its an old post, but I'm relatively new to the board. My A 38 '78 Fury ex Montana Highway Patrol 2011-09-02_19-15-44_21.jpg

two of my favorite cars I have owned were 1977 Fury, and a 1974 Coronet....tons of room rode nice, great mopar performance.....loved them.

i always love the dodge diplomats...i know they're a bit newer...but still liked the boxyness (is that even a word?) lol

hmmm a ex mhp under cover

Ok. I know its an old post, but I'm relatively new to the board. My A 38 '78 Fury ex Montana Highway PatrolView attachment 111593

I remember those cars. I had just started working at the railroad, and an auto-carrier came through the shop loaded with police Furys painted in RCMP colours. Back then the auto-carriers weren't enclosed, so it was easy to inspect the cars. I remember looking under the hood, and found 440 engines with police decals, the air cleaner lids were upside down, and underneath were 2.5" dual exhaust with no catalytic converters.

Sitting inside one of the cars, I saw that the rear door window crank handles were in a plastic bag in the glove box, and the ashtray held two partially smoked joints. I don't know if this was standard equipment on all patrol cars.

-=Photon440=-

Where did you Purchase this car from, a Friend of mine had the EXACT same Fury and Sold it a few years back, just curious if it's the same car.
It could be the same car. I can't imagine there are many out there. I bought the car in Canada from a gentleman named Shawn if I remember correctly. Probably seven or eight years ago

It could be the same car. I can't imagine there are many out there. I bought the car in Canada from a gentleman named Shawn if I remember correctly. Probably seven or eight years ago

That's him, and that is the same car, I'll have to tell him it's in good hands.

I had a 75 Coronet, ex LA County Sheriff's Dept car. That was when I was a 21 yr old Marine at MCAGCC 29 Palms, CA.
4 to 5 buddies, too much beer (it was the 80s, don't try it today, kids), and tire squealing, hubcap-chucking antics were the norm....then we'd go back, find the hubcaps (usually), pound em back on, and do it some more.
I know I've got a couple pictures of that thing, and also my 74 Monaco (2 door, no PD pedigree), I'll try to post em.

Its time to see whats inside of his engine. It was rebuilt but not by me. Im going to have it balanced as it vibrates. Im also going to change the cam, heads, intake carb, igniton, headers, exhaust and gears. I want this car to scare my fiends when i take them for a ride.77 monaco.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I meant to say inside this engine. And i want to scare my friends, not fiends.

Its time to see whats inside of his engine. It was rebuilt but not by me. Im going to have it balanced as it vibrates. Im also going to change the cam, heads, intake carb, igniton, headers, exhaust and gears. I want this car to scare my fiends when i take them for a ride.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant to say inside this engine. And i want to scare my friends, not fiends.

You might as well scare the fiends too while your at it. That's what it's original purpose was :)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW any Diplomat Cop car guys PM me. I've got a couple front caps / grills and a dash for ~ 78-80 cop cars and some cop dog dishes etc

This is my daily driver, it belongs on another website. I think I will start my own thread on my Roscoe mobile.H-38.jpg

H-38.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back