• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Caltracs

eltigrez

Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these good or bad? I have a 69 Bee that is was going to set up with a set of Mickey Thompson ET Street radials. I am worrying about wheel hop. I have stock leaf springs.

Not sure on a B body, but do know it money well spent on other vehicles I seen it on.

Last edited:
they flat work, but you need the front end loosened up for max travel. It will take some playing around to figure out what your car likes. at the min get their rear shocks also. stock leaf springs can work good. same deal, takes some playing around. guess it depends on how fast your going and how much tire.

IMG_4430.jpg

_MBK6704-1.jpg

Can't speak for performance quite yet, but installing them was a breeze...Very nice instructions and customer support

Good luck

they flat work, but you need the front end loosened up for max travel. It will take some playing around to figure out what your car likes. at the min get their rear shocks also. stock leaf springs can work good. same deal, takes some playing around. guess it depends on how fast your going and how much tire.

IMG_4430.jpg

_MBK6704-1.jpg
On a 9 second Challenger with a weight bias of 52/48, we chased our asses off to get the car to hook. We finally got it but the car wasn't consistent. Took em off and installed ladder bars and it became very consistent. We had the full package on it including the mono springs. And the ladder setup didn't cost that much more. If the car is pretty fast and you plan to race it and the class doesn't call for leaf springs, I wouldn't go with them. Leaf springs are still leaf springs no matter what traction device you have but if the class calls for nothing else, then that's the best thing you have going.

Everyone at sacramento raceway is using them...I want a set...SSR says he is a dealer and he can get us a good price ..I emailed him about it but got no answer back..
Petty Blue 67 gtx
Petty

Everyone at sacramento raceway is using them...I want a set...SSR says he is a dealer and he can get us a good price ..I emailed him about it but got no answer back..
Petty Blue 67 gtx
Petty

sorry petty, its a rough time of year for me. didnt mean to blow you off. not my intention.
imo they are ok but a good set of SS springs worked just the same for me.
when i went to ladder bars, i went from 1.43 60 foot to 1.33. thats a huge improvement.
petty. pm me your car info and ill get you a price for the caltracs if you still need them.again sorry.

Auto Transport Service
Back