• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cam bolt size ?

When the cost difference is negligible and the three bolt design is far superior, it'd be foolish not to use it. I'm sure the guy in the above video didn't need it but I'm sure he wished he had.

I bought that cam in a cam kit and considering I already have installed all the springs in my heads and what not I doubt they would swap it for a 3 bolt. To be honest this is the cam I wanna use I'm just trying to figure out what to do as far as the bolt goes. I also have had the cam for over a year so they probably aren't obligated to do anything. I am going to check with them one more time on the bolt size and if that goes no where hemi bolt it is. I will definitely run a different cam by them but I doubt they will.

if the cam has only one bolt hole to hold the gear on, it's 7/16"

if the cam has 3 bolts holes to hold the gear on, they are 3/8"

there are no other options here

7/16x14 The washer is thicker and also only goes on one way its a cone style washer that acts like a lock washer. just my 2 cents

If you guys read the previous posts on this thread you'll read we've already established the stock bolt sizes for mopar cam bolts. What I am looking for now is people with experience dealing with comp cams single bolt cams and what size bolt the cam they received from comps required. If it was the stock bolt from their original cam or something they had to get elsewhere. I sent a message to them through their tech help page and I'm hoping they will have a solution for me. I'm trying to see if anyone else has had this experience. Not sure if I should just start a new thread looking for info on that or not.

- - - Updated - - -

The cam I received from comps is a single bolt which is a 3/8-16 that is the issue and the whole reason for this thread. Thanks

Call Comp Cams and tell them what you have because it's a mistake.

Hemirunner I have a new thread in here about this named ( anyone out there who has used a single bolt cam from comp cams I need some info. ) I narrowed it down as I did call comp again and they basicaly told me every mopar person I've talked to is wrong as all of their mopar " TECHS" agree that 3/8 is the standard mopar cam bolt size. I even asked them to call 440 source or To look it up on the Web and they refused to.

Auto Transport Service
Back