• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Camshaft

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:52 AM
Reaction score
Who would be a good source for a stock 440 cam & lifter package?

Thanks!

The Mopar Performance catalogue lists a 268 / 284 duration cam which was what the stock cam had. PN P4452783AE

Aren't they all chinesium nowadays?

Call Bob K , aka Mr Six Pack. He has his own line of cams and I really like him, straight up guy! Tons of knowledge..

Another vote for Mr 6Pack. I purchased a replacement six pack cam and lifter package from him last year. Works great. He’s a great guy to talk to and deal with.

Aren't they all chinesium nowadays?
Last Mopar Performance cam I bought and installed ended up as a door stop. Ground completely wrong and the engine (SB stroker) ran like ****. Yanked it and never looked back. Wouldn't install one today if they paid me. JMHO.

Fratzog, Bob K is the real deal, he also operates a dry cleaning business and plays with Mopars while doing both. He is a very talented guy that is down to earth and does full rebuilds too. I would have had him do my 440 if I knew that. I was happy with his cam and used all his recommendations. I purchased a #4 cam, his recommended lifters, springs and installed the valves he recommended too. He is old school, last I checked he doesn’t have a web site just word of mouth advertising( the best) and he will always return or take your call. Straight up/ stand up guy. He learned from the legend : Tom Hoover and grew from there. We need more guys like him. Let me know if you can’t catch up to him.

sealed power cs661 is stock replacement. sometimes rock auto has some, BUT you need to look carefully at the duration and LSA numbers to make sure you get the correct magnum replacement. the summit 6401 would work but can't use stock magnum springs with it. probably can't use stock magnum springs with anything aftermarket.

I have an original factory magnum cam, been grinding cams for 45 years

That's how you make a Chevy cam :eek:

Auto Transport Service
Back