• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can’t leave well enough alone

dodgedream

Local time
8:07 AM
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I came across a 67 Coronet and got it and a 66 parts car. The 67 dash wiring could use attention(firewall connector box has been modified). The parts car has a perfect box but the wires have been cut. I was gonna build a new firewall foreward harness in my spare time using the 66 box but don’t know what kind of kit to buy to get the connectors to release properly and am asking your knowledge to guide me on which kit to buy. Thanks in advance

A couple of years ago I came across a 67 Coronet and got it and a 66 parts car. The 67 dash wiring could use attention(firewall connector box has been modified). The parts car has a perfect box but the wires have been cut. I was gonna build a new firewall foreward harness in my spare time using the 66 box but don’t know what kind of kit to buy to get the connectors to release properly and am asking your knowledge to guide me on which kit to buy. Thanks in advance

What kind of modification has been done? Maybe someone did the ammeter bypass?

Large power wires ran straight into the fuse box for stereo equipment and just generally old wire from being original to the car. With me not working and having lots of time ( cancer treatment) I thought it would give me something to focus on at a reasonable cost

I guess the big questions are which release key set to get and what size wire is used under the hood 16 ga?

I guess the big questions are which release key set to get and what size wire is used under the hood 16 ga?
Should really get your hands on the book, all of the wire gauges on each circuit are identified

thanks I have the book it is at the shop. I will do that I figured most of the wiring Was the same ga. I will make sure I look at the schematics

Auto Transport Service
Back