• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone ID this mysterious item that fell out of my 452 head?

Grabbergreendream

Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to clean up & re-seal the heads for my 440 and started scraping the VC gasket off. When I went to flip the head upside down to get the scapings outa the inside, this funny shaped dowl thing fell out. Looks like a restrictor for an orifice. Does it belong somewhere? No idea where it came from & I am absolutely sure it was there before I removed the VC. I know it could've got inside accidentally but I just want to make sure it doesn't belong somewhere. I've never messed with Mopar heads before...
Thanks in advance.
20220410_111106.jpg
20220410_111044.jpg
20220410_111121.jpg

Could it be the end out of a push rod??? Never seen this part before, that I know of...

Aah! I never knew what was inside those PCV valves. Sure enough, checked the box & found the one I removed...
Thanks RemCharger!
20220410_113907.jpg

Last edited:
I'm getting ready to clean up & re-seal the heads for my 440 and started scraping the VC gasket off. When I went to flip the head upside down to get the scapings outa the inside, this funny shaped dowl thing fell out. Looks like a restrictor for an orifice. Does it belong somewhere? No idea where it came from & I am absolutely sure it was there before I removed the VC. I know it could've got inside accidentally but I just want to make sure it doesn't belong somewhere. I've never messed with Mopar heads before...
Thanks in advance.
View attachment 1267623 View attachment 1267624 View attachment 1267625

PCV plunger

Could it be the end out of a push rod??? Never seen this part before, that I know of...
Never seen a pushrod end that looked even close to that.....at least not one for regular automotive use.

Here's ball and cup ends for high performance push rods. The cup is new, the ball used and both are made for different size rods. Kinda surprised that there were still any laying around.....

IMG_20220410_112820691.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back