• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I fit 15x8.5 with 3.75" back spacing up front on 69RR?

GearAddict

Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score
I'm tired of the drag skinnies that were on my RR when I bought it. Local guy has a set of Torq Thrusts on craigslist for a good price but they are 15x8.5 for all 4 with 3.75" back spacing.

Any experience with that setup? Is it going to rub the outer wheel well? I notice everyone here seems to be leaning towards 4-5" bs on an 8" rim.

The rims currently have 225/50/15 but that is pretty small for an 8" wide rim... I'd be inclined to go larger.

What kind of car did he have them on? Pics of them on his car? I think they will stick too far outboard and will scrub,front and rear.

- - - Updated - - -

The 225/50 is perfect for an 8 inch rim,but too small in diameter for a b body.IMHO

What kind of car did he have them on? Pics of them on his car? I think they will stick too far outboard and will scrub,front and rear.

- - - Updated - - -

The 225/50 is perfect for an 8 inch rim,but too small in diameter for a b body.IMHO

He claims to have had them on a 69 Coronet but they are not installed now. I can't drive mine over to check before buying as the guy is pretty far away and. My front brakes are shot for the moment.

Auto Transport Service
Back