• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I use this 3 Speed Wiper Motor?

BPBP440

Local time
3:24 PM
Reaction score
Anyone know what it would take to use this 76 F-Body 3-speed wiper motor in my 70 B-body?

Would I just use the 70 Pivot arm, cam bushing, switch?

Thanks!

IMG_0041.jpeg

IMG_0042.jpeg

I found a post once before about changing the park position between different models, not sure it extends out to 76 F Body (but I can’t find it).

It will work with the correct arm. I marked up your photo indicating what notch the cover tab goes in.
The three speed motor is interchangeable between the different years and bodies.
IMG_2540.jpeg

Last edited:
The notches on the housing are used to clock it for different vehicles. I don't know how it translates from 60's to 70's.

It will work with the correct arm. I marked up your photo indicating what notch the cover tab goes in.
The three speed motor is interchangeable between the different years and bodies.
View attachment 1632791
Thanks for the reply and the mark-up! That is awesome. I can’t tell from the pics I have if the connectors are the same. I assume not.

On A bodies, the arm that connects to the motor is different. Would assume that B bodies are the same. Don't know, but the switch is probably different. Where is your wiper harness? They are usually attached to a 3-speed/variable motor.

On A bodies, the arm that connects to the motor is different. Would assume that B bodies are the same. Don't know, but the switch is probably different. Where is your wiper harness? They are usually attached to a 3-speed/variable motor.
The harness is there, it just doesn’t show in the pic.

Althought the top plate changed between 72 and 73 years ( laters with the black tower on plate as far I recall due a redesign on the parking system ) it seems can be interchanged

diagram-png.png

motor-png.png

wiper-park-switch-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back