• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone decode this for me

Mstudley265

Local time
12:18 AM
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the number just above the oil pan on right side of motor. The first digit i think is a 3 but not sure.
F5885E1F-FB2A-4696-A336-75A2F5ECC7E5.jpeg

The last eight digits of the V.I.N. for the car that the engine was installed in. 3 is for model year 1973. F is the assembly plant of the car, which is Newark DE. I believe. The last six digits are a sequence number starting with 100001 for the first car off the line for the new model year. The sequence number is not an exact science. The original trans would have the same number stamped in it

The last eight digits of the V.I.N. for the car that the engine was installed in. 3 is for model year 1973. F is the assembly plant of the car, which is Newark DE. I believe. The last six digits are a sequence number starting with 100001 for the first car off the line for the new model year. The sequence number is not an exact science. The original trans would have the same number stamped in it
Thank you very interesting.

Auto Transport Service
Back