• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone please explain tattoos?

I don't have any tats but the rate of me getting more forgetful makes me wonder if I should get my Soc Sec # on my forehead. I did build a bike for a guy about 10 years ago that did a couple stretches in jacks house and one day he took off his shirt and was covered with very large detailed and colorful Nazi tats that were outstanding as far as the artistic value. that really explained to me why his attitude was what it was. Tough guys really get me and you see them everywhere but I don't think most have known a tough guy but when they see one they look away.

Last edited:
What I dont get is why women do it.
Ive seen many an attractive woman get so much ink that she goes from good looming to comical or outright gross in appearance.
The other thing I dont get is black people who get inked up, cant even tell what it is.

When people who have tattoos, ask me if I have any ink, I reply. "Did you ever see a Rolls Royce with a bumper sticker!"?

Went to a friends farm for a Pool-BBQ party. People from all over showed up and most were farmers. This one young couple showed up and she was wearing a bikini with a T-shirt cover up. After awhile everyone started heading to the pool and I noticed her coming over taking the T- shirt off. When she stopped and turned around on her back, half the size of her back was a tattoo of a green John Deere combine!! I said WOW, and she said, can you tell I'm a farm girl. Told my wife, no, buy I can tell you're a freaking idiot. To this day, I can't look at John Deere anything without laughing to myself. Seriously!!!

298aab2377251c67169ee1246a5f7c061c08b9c6.jpg

I've only thought about one tattoo for myself. I was in a bad accident in 2008, died in the ditch...3x in the life-flight helicopter, and twice on the table. Must have been a catch-and-release day...'cause I'm still here.

My right calf is a graft, with frankenstein stitching connecting it to 'natural' skin - it was a compound fracture, both tibia and fibula broke, and all four broken bone ends exited my leg, making quite a mess. The graft - a revision to the original repair - is still the size of my hand. It's ugly on its own.

What I wanted was a sepia-toned / black-and-white headshot portrait of the Grim Reaper, with scythe over his shoulder. Banner above, "7-16-08", and a banner below "Better luck next time".

But nobody will tattoo a graft.

Oh well.

No. Cannot explain it to you. If you don't get it, you don't get it. My most recent was a tattoo on my wrist and forearm of a syringe with wings and a serpent around it. A play on the traditional cadusses symbol with the words Diabetic T2 above it. It's my medical alert bracelet.

I have no problems with tattoos generally as I have 3 myself, what I do have an issue with is people getting tattoo's that have no meaning. Having spent over 2 and a half decades in the military I saw many young soldiers get whatever was on the wall during an alcohol fueled endeavor and pretty much without exception woke up and regretted it.

A tattoo should mean something to you since you will have it for a lifetime. I have no regrets myself but I do know some who did and had them removed which is more painful than getting them originally.

I am not a big fan of neck or face tattoos unless it is connected to something like the Maori in NZ, but tattoos are not about what others thing they are about what the recipient thinks/feels (or should be). The problem now is that they have become a fashion statement rather than something personal.

Don't get me wrong, even though I don't have any tattoos I see a lot of really cool artwork that I can appreciate but why is it so prominent for guys to tattoo themselves up with symbols of death and evil like Skulls, Grim Reapers, Dragons, Demons, Satan etc?? I'm just curious, never could figure it out:realcrazy:
I’d rather spend the money on car parts.

I've noticed a lot of beautiful women with "sleeves" and stuff on their legs and boobs, don't get me started on the piercing's. To me it takes way from a woman's natural beauty, big turn off for me. They'll regret it when they get into the later years and that eagle starts to look like a freakin buzzard... IMO

I've noticed a lot of beautiful women with "sleeves" and stuff on their legs and boobs, don't get me started on the piercing's. To me it takes way from a woman's natural beauty, big turn off for me. They'll regret it when they get into the later years and that eagle starts to look like a freakin buzzard... IMO
Sleeves on a girl... done tastefully, I don't know because it kinda turns me on but not on the boobs!

Auto Transport Service
Back