• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone tell me what this is

Ok made my wrong Xs rite
Back to car
Iv checked uca are rite side and spindles
I think the angle I was taking pictures mite have made it look like something was on wrong side ,fronts jacked up in air at angle

Iv got it all apart , all rubbers where gone rotten,bent strut bars , generally in bad shape
Rebuild plan
PST LCA rebuild ( rubber) have already
PST torsion bars ( look to damn big didn’t have but a cockhair clearance on steering linkage) have already
Qa1struts because they look cool and I didn’t read anything bad, haven’t gotten yet
And I haven’t got sway bar yet

About got my head together on the suspension ,its the brakes that I can’t get a plan , been reading old post all day , more confused than when I started ,, so for now I’m going to replace brake lines there shot and rusted ,

25B1BAB3-58B3-4B2D-8C39-526C542DB566.jpeg

C34E94F5-3B92-413E-9A20-2D7A8D4CFC4A.jpeg

Helps to have people nearby.
Not many mopar guys around that I know of , a lot of Chevy people, I was a Chevy person , till I inherited the GTX , chevys are a lot easier to work on , find parts,swap around parts all the way around,, everything I do to this Mopar is a pain in the ***, car is big as a boat , and no damn room, everything tight , 14foot long and a VW engine bay ? What the hells up with all that room under fender well , could have used some of that room in the engine bay

Not many mopar guys around that I know of , a lot of Chevy people, I was a Chevy person , till I inherited the GTX , chevys are a lot easier to work on , find parts,swap around parts all the way around,, everything I do to this Mopar is a pain in the ***, car is big as a boat , and no damn room, everything tight , 14foot long and a VW engine bay ? What the hells up with all that room under fender well , could have used some of that room in the engine bay
Its an acquired taste.

With the sway bar go with the largest you can find 1.125" or 1.25", and then use poly bushings on the end links and mounts....this will give you the best handling for the car, the rest of the bushings and such stay with rubber.

With the sway bar go with the largest you can find 1.125" or 1.25", and then use poly bushings on the end links and mounts....this will give you the best handling for the car, the rest of the bushings and such stay with rubber.
I’ll do that , don’t like poly because of the squeaky, used poly bushing etc on a jeep, red looked cool but sounded awful , I went with rubber on about everything, but think Ill use poly on sway bar , who makes a good bar , by good I mean one that fits lol

Firm Feel got my vote for parts on my 65. Had a $3k tee shirt to verify. Gave me the parts for free. Or was the other way around? LOL. Mopar is the only thing they do. Very knowledgable.

Firm Feel got my vote for parts on my 65. Had a $3k tee shirt to verify. Gave me the parts for free. Or was the other way around? LOL. Mopar is the only thing they do. Very knowledgable.
Thanks for input ,I’ll check them out ,I throw 100 dollar bills at the GTX all I get is stickers, hey but I like stickers , lol maybe one day I’ll show y’all my 25 k sticker collection,

Looked at web site , I really like the fact they only deal in Mopars , I’ll give them a call next week , I worried about the clearance on steering linkage and torsion Bar, I went with a1.03 bar , haven’t installed yet , but it looks a good bit bigger,
I’m also going to change steering linkage wile it’s apart , solid ajusters and fast ratio stuff sound and looks cool , but will it work with bigger Tbar ?

Looked at web site , I really like the fact they only deal in Mopars , I’ll give them a call next week , I worried about the clearance on steering linkage and torsion Bar, I went with a1.03 bar , haven’t installed yet , but it looks a good bit bigger,
I’m also going to change steering linkage wile it’s apart , solid adjusters and fast ratio stuff sound and looks cool , but will it work with bigger Tbar ?

The sway bar runs on the front of the lower control arms and across the front of the K-member, the steering components run off the back side of the K-member and lower control arms, so unless they state that the product might interfere with the oil pan or something than I don't think upgrading to those items should cause you any problems.

The sway bar runs on the front of the lower control arms and across the front of the K-member, the steering components run off the back side of the K-member and lower control arms, so unless they state that the product might interfere with the oil pan or something than I don't think upgrading to those items should cause you any problems.
Don’t think sway bar will be any trouble 11/4 ,, , it’s the torsion bars and steering linkage I’m worried about , maybe I’m over thinking

I’m also going to change steering linkage wile it’s apart , solid ajusters and fast ratio stuff sound and looks cool , but will it work with bigger Tbar ?
Touch bases with Greg, aka kern dog, as he has a 70 Charger with big bars too. He may have some photos you could see plus get some info on fitment.

Hard to say with pic angles but looks like you have a crazy amount of negative caster.
Hat off to all y’all seen something wrong , it’s LCA bent like horse shoe ,, rebuild kits not going to help this , hard to get picture

3F9F2FCA-1A9B-4F2C-862F-2E4A59671C56.jpeg

Sucks but at lease I know one of her troubles

Auto Transport Service
Back