• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can the pistons be removed through the bottom of a 440?

Why does the photo show the piston being removed head side ? You would think a correct photo would be helpful during the writing of the article.. And I'm not even from the "Show Me'' State.

Why does the photo show the piston being removed head side ? You would think a correct photo would be helpful during the writing of the article.. And I'm not even from the "Show Me'' State.
Yeah, I noticed that as well, makes me wonder if he actually did what he states as the better way. The book does get good reviews though.

Maybe it’s the bottom after the engine is turned upside down?:fool:

Easy enough to try. I know some of the pistons will come out the bottom on a SB Chevy. Problem arises with main web interference.
Doug

Ok but how the heck you going to get the crank out with the rods in the way.
It will not happen with a BB. One piston and rod needs to be removed.
Maybe it can be done with the RB but dont know how.

......makes me wonder if he actually did what he states as the better way. The book does get good reviews though.

Of course he didn't, because it cannot by done. At least not with conventional pistons.

Well, I contacted the publisher and they have forwarded my question on to the author. I`ll let you know what I hear back.

Published in 2012

images.jpeg

I was qt one of those crank rods pistons coming out the bottom at high rpm
dragster was doing a wheele at the time back before wheele bars
the oil made a fun ride
flywheel and clutch went one way- rotating assembly the other
no people were hurt in the making of that video

Auto Transport Service
Back