• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can these seats be saved?

bth0320

Local time
10:40 AM
Reaction score
Took the old seat covers off of a b body bench seat and was surprised by the amount of rust....the top outer edge that runs along the front of the seat is half missing from corrosion and one of the center hinges is completely gone...I am guessing the cost of restoring these will be outrageous. There is a date of 12-27-67 on these but I thought head rests did not come about until 69 in the b body bench seats? Anyways, has anyone else had seats in this bad of shape and is it worth trying to save? Thanks for your help!

2012-04-20_16_50_03.jpg

2012-04-20_16_51_05.jpg

Hard to see in the pics, but the frames look straight, and all the springs appear to be connected and still coiled right. The rust can be sandblasted or something. I would say they are salvageable, might be some work doing the padding and covering. But think about it; you could do it just the way you want. I'm thinking some nice memory foam that molds to your *** and two-tone leather.

Auto Transport Service
Back