• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can this be true? 2018 Dakota

Sold my Dakota last year with 190,000 miles on it, best daily driver I ever had and would haul waaaaay more than I ever expected. I hauled over a ton of gravel at a time with the 3.7... tough little motor.

Has to at least have a 6ft bed for me to be interested.

I've used my '00 Dak R/T "as a truck" since I bought it with 31K miles on it.

I'll second "best daily driver I've ever had".

Now at 165K miles.

20170328_120218.jpg

95 Kota 4×4
500 lbs of weights in toolbox. Practically bulletproof. Tough as nails.
20170328_114402.jpg
2011 Kota last year of production. (They made a few labeled as 12s, but they were really holdover from 11. If the 18 Kotas aren't going to be newer versions of this with frames and tough heavy duty power trains and suspension/axles. I won't buy one
20170328_120253.jpg

Notice my FBBO sticker

My 94 is AWESOME 18 mpg AND A 98"x58" BED. A REAL WORK TRUCK. NEARLY 10' LONG BED WITH THE GATE DOWN.

Listed as 8' but if you measure it from up against the cab and close the tail gate it measures 98", 8' is 96".

Short cab, long bed.

Only available with short cab, IIRC.

A nice one will only be 60,000 bucks.
I imagine that would be a Laramie Longhorn w an Eco-Boost diesel
Or I'm Hoping for a Hell cat edition
Hemi-Kota. Just to put all the Ford Lightning homos in their place.

Prices are getting just totally stupid. Even last years leftovers at 10000 off somebody's got to need a vehicle bad or just plan stupid.
As long as there's some stupid **** willing to pay X amount, then it will sell for X amount.
I won't buy one until 2020. When some dumbass trades his 2 year old truck in for a new one. Then the truck that was 60k is only selling for 30k.

I wish they would do a new Dakota!

My daughter is getting mine since she wrecked her Mini. The Dakota has 235,000+ miles and it runs strong!

I'm with you on needing long beds, and trucks that are TRUCKS, not people movers with token beds. I bought a new 2016 GMC 3500HD double cab long bed, 6.0l, 4x4, last year for $37,000 before TTL, out of Idaho. It's got a rubber floor mat (!) just the way I like 'em. They are hard to find, but if you squint you can find stuff without leather and power everything.

Just another yuppie people hauler. Someone needs to get back to the business of building trucks.
Mopar 3 B, I've got your truck!!!!!! I have and drive often, a 1958 dodge power wagon, flat fender, arm strong steering, no power brakes, 4-speed w/ bull dog, 1.96 transfer case, and 5.83 rear ends, it has a 110 horse power 10,000 lbs winch on the front w/1/2 inch cable (210 ft), there is no cold air, and no cup holders, if everybody had a F.F. power wagon there would be NO wrecks due to texting!!!! when your driving one of these hoss's it's all hands on deck!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back