• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you put in fuel system cleaner?

Marco Perez

Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score
I just got 2 fuel system cleaners, was wondering if I can put one in my 64 chrysler newport without a problem.

Thanks

This

20220904_101749.jpg

Many do the same thing, only hassles I've heard about is some you don't want to use on a ride with a cat-converter.

I use Seafoam, even in my 82 Datsun with a cat.
That's what I use on vehicles; likely didn't need to mention cat but I still use marvel mystery oil here and there for my old ride, mowers.

Chevron Techron is top notch stuff. Seafoam is great as well. I would trickle it down the carb at about 1/4-1/3 throttle. You can't believe the scrbon and crap that came out of the tail pipe. Great carbon blaster.

My testimony to seafoam, not hating on any other product, just my experience. I daily drive the Datsun, and I usually put a bottle in once a month. I can actually see a drop in fuel economy, and putting it in brings it back. Now this “drop” is only a point, but if it’s dropping a point and regaining it, to me that’s a result of something.

Yes, you can and Techtron is my preferred brand

My testimony to seafoam, not hating on any other product, just my experience. I daily drive the Datsun, and I usually put a bottle in once a month. I can actually see a drop in fuel economy, and putting it in brings it back. Now this “drop” is only a point, but if it’s dropping a point and regaining it, to me that’s a result of something.
If you're going to use it that often, you may as well make your own: Four parts diesel or kerosene, two parts naptha (coleman stove fuel) and one part 99% rubbing alcohol. That's all there is to it.

Auto Transport Service
Back